Glover Teixeira vs. Jiri Prochazka – Preview & Matchup Analysis

UFC 275: Teixeira vs. Prochazka is scheduled to take place on Saturday, June 11, 2022, in Kallang, Singapore. In one of the matchups on the fight card, Glover Teixeira will take on Jiri “Denisa” Prochazka in the UFC Light Heavyweight Title Bout. You can view the full UFC 275 card.

In this post, we will break down Glover Teixeira vs. Jiri Prochazka matchup. Let’s take look at the fighter’s ages, their height, records, reach, fight stats, and more below ⤵

The 42-year-old, Glover Teixeira is coming in with a 33-7-0 record. Teixeira will be fighting for the first time since a win via submission against Jan Blachowicz at UFC 267: Blachowicz vs. Teixeira in October.

Prochazka, meanwhile, is coming off a KO/TKO win against Dominick Reyes on October 30, 2021 at UFC Fight Night: Reyes vs. Prochazka and holds a 28-3-1 record.

Glover Teixeira vs. Jiri Prochazka
42
Age
29
6′ 2″
Height
6′ 3″
205 lbs.
Weight
205 lbs.
76″
Reach
80″
33-7-0
Record
28-3-1
Orthodox
Stance
Orthodox

Glover Teixeira has an orthodox fighting stance with a 76″ reach. The 29-year-old, Jiri Prochazka is an orthodox fighter with a 80″ reach. An orthodox fighter stands with their left side forward and jabs with their left hand, the southpaw fighter is the opposite, southpaw stands with their right side forward and jabs with their right hand. In most cases, orthodox fighters are right-handed, if you are left-handed, then you fight southpaw.

Glover Teixeira:
→ Teixeira’s striking accuracy is 48%.
→ Teixeira lands 3.72 significant strikes per minute.
→ Teixeira’s takedown accuracy is 39%.
→ Teixeira’s takedown average is 2.11 per 15 minutes.
→ Teixeira’s takedown defense is 60%.

Teixeira comes in with 48% striking accuracy, typically landing about 3.72 significant strikes every minute. On the other side, Prochazka fires at 52% accuracy, landing about 7.19 significant strikes per minute. Glover Teixeira also has a 39% takedown accuracy and on average gets around 2.11 takedowns every 15 minutes, compared to Prochazka’s 0.98 takedowns and 50% takedown accuracy.

Jiri Prochazka:
→ Prochazka’s striking accuracy is 52%.
→ Prochazka lands 7.19 significant strikes per minute.
→ Prochazka’s takedown accuracy is 100%.
→ Prochazka’s takedown average is 0.98 per 15 minutes.
→ Prochazka’s takedown defense is 50%.

Jiri spent on average 7:39 minutes in the Octagon and Glover has an average fight time of 9:10 minutes.

This looks like an fun matchup, at least on paper. UFC 275 is live in , who do you think will win, Glover or Jiri? Sound off in the comments.

Event Name
UFC 275: Teixeira vs. Prochazka
Date
June 11, 2022
Location
Kallang, Singapore
Matchup
Glover Teixeira vs. Jiri Prochazka

You can view the scheduled UFC 275 fight card, upcoming UFC schedule 2021, and latest MMA news.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -