Sean Strickland vs. Alex Pereira – Preview & Matchup Analysis

UFC 276: Adesanya vs. Cannonier is scheduled to take place on Saturday, July 2, 2022, in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA. In one of the matchups on the fight card, Sean Strickland will take on Alex “Poatan” Pereira in the Middleweight Bout. You can view the full UFC 276 card.

In this post, we will break down Sean Strickland vs. Alex Pereira matchup. Let’s take look at the fighter’s ages, their height, records, reach, fight stats, and more below ⤵

The 31-year-old, Sean Strickland is coming in with a 25-3-0 record. Strickland will be fighting for the first time since a win via split decision against Jack Hermansson at UFC Fight Night: Hermansson vs. Strickland in February.

Pereira, meanwhile, is coming off a unanimous decision win against Bruno Silva on February 5, 2022 at UFC Fight Night: Santos vs. Ankalaev and holds a 5-1-0 record.

Sean Strickland vs. Alex Pereira
31
Age
34
6′ 1″
Height
6′ 4″
185 lbs.
Weight
185 lbs.
76″
Reach
79″
25-3-0
Record
5-1-0
Orthodox
Stance
Orthodox

Sean Strickland has an orthodox fighting stance with a 76″ reach. The 34-year-old, Alex Pereira is an orthodox fighter with a 79″ reach. An orthodox fighter stands with their left side forward and jabs with their left hand, the southpaw fighter is the opposite, southpaw stands with their right side forward and jabs with their right hand. In most cases, orthodox fighters are right-handed, if you are left-handed, then you fight southpaw.

Sean Strickland:
→ Strickland’s striking accuracy is 40%.
→ Strickland lands 5.53 significant strikes per minute.
→ Strickland’s takedown accuracy is 61%.
→ Strickland’s takedown average is 1.16 per 15 minutes.
→ Strickland’s takedown defense is 85%.

Strickland comes in with 40% striking accuracy, typically landing about 5.53 significant strikes every minute. On the other side, Pereira fires at 60% accuracy, landing about 5.86 significant strikes per minute. Sean Strickland also has a 61% takedown accuracy and on average gets around 1.16 takedowns every 15 minutes, compared to Pereira’s 0.00 takedowns and 73% takedown accuracy.

Alex Pereira:
→ Pereira’s striking accuracy is 60%.
→ Pereira lands 5.86 significant strikes per minute.
→ Pereira’s takedown accuracy is 0%.
→ Pereira’s takedown average is 0.00 per 15 minutes.
→ Pereira’s takedown defense is 73%.

Alex spent on average 10:09 minutes in the Octagon and Sean has an average fight time of 13:49 minutes.

This looks like an entertaining matchup, at least on paper. UFC 276 is live in , who do you think will win, Sean or Alex? Sound off in the comments.

Event Name
UFC 276: Adesanya vs. Cannonier
Date
July 2, 2022
Location
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Matchup
Sean Strickland vs. Alex Pereira

You can view the scheduled UFC 276 fight card, upcoming UFC schedule 2021, and latest MMA news.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -