Carlos Condit returned to the UFC Octagon saturday night for UFC 143 to face Nick Diaz. The event took place on Saturday, February 4, 2012, at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada. Diaz vs. Condit featured 11 bouts, some were more fun to watch than others.
UFC 143 was headlined by a battle between Carlos Condit and Nick Diaz, with Fabricio Werdum vs. Roy Nelson serving as the night’s co-main event. Elsewhere on the card, Dustin Poirier went to battle against Max Holloway. Let’s find out who won at the UFC 143. View the full results for ‘Diaz vs. Condit’-led fight card below.
UFC 143: Diaz vs. Condit
|February 4, 2012|
Mandalay Bay Events Center
|Las Vegas, Nevada|
|Carlos Condit vs. Nick Diaz|
|Fabricio Werdum vs. Roy Nelson|
UFC 143 was live 4,137 days days ago and was the 197th event in UFC history, including pay-per-views, UFC Fight Nights, and The Ultimate Fighter season finales.
Who won at UFC 143
Below is the 11-fight order and UFC 143 results. Here are the real winners and losers from Saturday‘s event:
- Carlos Condit defeated Nick Diaz via Decision (Unanimous) (Round 5 / 5:00)
- Fabricio Werdum defeated Roy Nelson by Decision (Unanimous) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Josh Koscheck defeated Mike Pierce by Decision (Split) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Renan Barao defeated Scott Jorgensen by Decision (Unanimous) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Ed Herman defeated Clifford Starks by Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) (Round 2 / 1:43)
- Dustin Poirier defeated Max Holloway by Submission (Triangle Armbar) (Round 1 / 3:23)
- Edwin Figueroa defeated Alex Caceres by Decision (Split) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Matt Brown defeated Chris Cope by TKO (Punches) (Round 2 / 1:19)
- Matt Riddle defeated Henry Martinez by Decision (Split) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Rafael Natal defeated Michael Kuiper by Decision (Unanimous) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Stephen Thompson defeated Daniel Stittgen by KO (Head Kick) (Round 1 / 4:13)
UFC 143 Results
The results are listed in ascending order, starting from the first fight ending with the night’s main event.
Stephen Thompson vs. Daniel Stittgen
The UFC 143 kicked off with Stephen Thompson taking on Daniel Stittgen. Stephen Thompson defeated Daniel Stittgen in Round 1 at 4:13 by KO (Head Kick).
Rafael Natal vs. Michael Kuiper
The second fight at UFC 143 was Michael Kuiper vs. Rafael Natal. Rafael Natal won in Round 3 at 5:00 by Decision (Unanimous).
Matt Riddle vs. Henry Martinez
The following fight was between Henry Martinez and Matt Riddle. Matt Riddle beat Henry Martinez by Decision (Split) in Round 3 at 5:00.
Matt Brown vs. Chris Cope
In the fourth bout, Matt Brown defeated Chris Cope by TKO (Punches) at 1:19 of Round 2.
Edwin Figueroa vs. Alex Caceres
The fifth bout ended at 5:00 of Round 3 with Edwin Figueroa defeating Alex Caceres by Decision (Split).
Dustin Poirier vs. Max Holloway
In sixth fight of the night, Max Holloway lost to Dustin Poirier at 3:23 of Round 1.
Ed Herman vs. Clifford Starks
Ed Herman got the better of Clifford Starks and won by Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) in Round 2 at 1:43.
Renan Barao vs. Scott Jorgensen
The eight bout was between Scott Jorgensen and Renan Barao. Renan Barao beat Scott Jorgensen by Decision (Unanimous) at 5:00 of Round 3.
Josh Koscheck vs. Mike Pierce
The ninth fight at UFC 143 was Mike Pierce vs. Josh Koscheck. Josh Koscheck won in Round 3 at 5:00 by Decision (Split).
Fabricio Werdum vs. Roy Nelson
In the co-main event Fabricio Werdum defeated Roy Nelson via Decision (Unanimous) at 5:00 of Round 3; Josh Rosenthal was the third man in the cage.
Carlos Condit vs. Nick Diaz
In the main event, referee Steve Mazzagatti called an end to the bout at 5:00 of Round 5. Carlos Condit defeated Nick Diaz by Decision (Unanimous).
Be sure to check out upcoming UFC events and don’t miss the latest MMA news. You can view the official event page here.
This page is updated with new details on UFC 143 event, so come back soon for fresh updates. If you see a mistake, please submit a correction and help us fix it.