Jon Jones returned to the UFC Octagon saturday night for UFC 285 to take on Ciryl Gane. The event took place on Saturday, March 4, 2023, at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. Jones vs. Gane featured 13 bouts, some were more surprising to watch than others.
UFC 285 was headlined by a clash between Jon Jones and Ciryl Gane, with Alexa Grasso vs. Valentina Shevchenko serving as the night’s co-main event. Elsewhere on the card, Amanda Ribas went to battle against Viviane Araujo. Let’s find out who won at the UFC 285. View the full results for ‘Jones vs. Gane’-led fight card below.
|UFC 285: Jones vs. Gane|
|March 4, 2023|
|Las Vegas, Nevada|
|Jon Jones vs. Ciryl Gane|
|Alexa Grasso vs. Valentina Shevchenko|
UFC 285 was live 209 days ago and was the 637th event in UFC history, including pay-per-views, UFC Fight Nights, and The Ultimate Fighter season finales.
Who won at UFC 285
Below is the 13-fight order and UFC 285 results. Here are the real winners and losers from Saturday‘s event:
- Jon Jones defeated Ciryl Gane via Submission (Guillotine Choke) (Round 1 / 2:04)
- Alexa Grasso defeated Valentina Shevchenko by Submission (Face Crank) (Round 4 / 4:34)
- Shavkat Rakhmonov defeated Geoff Neal via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) (Round 3 / 4:17)
- Mateusz Gamrot defeated Jalin Turner by Decision (Split) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Bo Nickal defeated Jamie Pickett by Submission (Arm-Triangle Choke) (Round 1 / 2:54)
- Cody Garbrandt defeated Trevin Jones by Decision (Unanimous) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Dricus Du Plessis defeated Derek Brunson by TKO (Corner Stoppage) (Round 2 / 4:59)
- Amanda Ribas defeated Viviane Araujo by Decision (Unanimous) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Marc-Andre Barriault defeated Julian Marquez by TKO (Punches) (Round 2 / 4:12)
- Ian Garry defeated Kenan Song by TKO (Punches) (Round 3 / 4:22)
- Cameron Saaiman defeated Leomana Martinez by Decision (Majority) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Tabatha Ricci defeated Jessica Penne by Submission (Armbar) (Round 2 / 2:14)
- Farid Basharat defeated Da’Mon Blackshear by Decision (Unanimous) (Round 3 / 5:00)
UFC 285 Results
The results are listed in ascending order, starting from the first fight ending with the night’s main event. Be sure to check out UFC 285 payouts and bonuses.
Farid Basharat vs. Da’Mon Blackshear
The UFC 285 began with Farid Basharat taking on Da’Mon Blackshear. Farid Basharat defeated Da’Mon Blackshear in Round 3 at 5:00 by Decision (Unanimous).
Tabatha Ricci vs. Jessica Penne
The second fight at UFC 285 was Jessica Penne vs. Tabatha Ricci. Tabatha Ricci won in Round 2 at 2:14 by Submission (Armbar).
Cameron Saaiman vs. Leomana Martinez
The following fight was between Leomana Martinez and Cameron Saaiman. Cameron Saaiman beat Leomana Martinez by Decision (Majority) in Round 3 at 5:00.
Ian Garry vs. Kenan Song
In the fourth bout, Ian Garry defeated Kenan Song by TKO (Punches) at 4:22 of Round 3.
Marc-Andre Barriault vs. Julian Marquez
The fifth bout ended at 4:12 of Round 2 with Marc-Andre Barriault defeating Julian Marquez by TKO (Punches).
Amanda Ribas vs. Viviane Araujo
In the sixth fight of the night, Viviane Araujo lost to Amanda Ribas at 5:00 of Round 3.
Dricus Du Plessis vs. Derek Brunson
Dricus Du Plessis got the better of Derek Brunson and won by TKO (Corner Stoppage) in Round 2 at 4:59.
Cody Garbrandt vs. Trevin Jones
The eighth bout was between Trevin Jones and Cody Garbrandt. Cody Garbrandt beat Trevin Jones by Decision (Unanimous) at 5:00 of Round 3.
Bo Nickal vs. Jamie Pickett
The ninth fight at UFC 285 was Jamie Pickett vs. Bo Nickal. Bo Nickal won in Round 1 at 2:54 by Submission (Arm-Triangle Choke).
Mateusz Gamrot vs. Jalin Turner
In the tenth bout, Mateusz Gamrot battled Jalin Turner and took the win by Decision (Split) in Round 3 at 5:00.
Shavkat Rakhmonov vs. Geoff Neal
Right before the co-main event, Shavkat Rakhmonov prevailed over Geoff Neal. Shavkat Rakhmonov won by Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) at 4:17 of Round 3.
Alexa Grasso vs. Valentina Shevchenko
In the co-main event, Alexa Grasso defeated Valentina Shevchenko via Submission (Face Crank) at 4:34 of Round 4; Jason Herzog was the third man in the cage.
Jon Jones vs. Ciryl Gane
In the main event, referee Marc Goddard called an end to the bout at 2:04 of Round 1. Jon Jones defeated Ciryl Gane by Submission (Guillotine Choke).
This page is updated with new details on UFC 285 event, so come back soon for fresh updates. If you see a mistake, please submit a correction and help us fix it.