Tim Sylvia returned to the UFC Octagon saturday night for UFC 61 to take on Andrei Arlovski. The event took place on Saturday, July 8, 2006, at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada. Bitter Rivals featured 9 bouts, some were more fun to watch than others.
UFC 61 was headlined by a clash between Tim Sylvia and Andrei Arlovski, with Joshua Burkman vs. Josh Neer serving as the night’s co-main event. Elsewhere on the card, Frank Mir went to battle against Dan Christison. Let’s find out who won at the UFC 61. View the full results for ‘Bitter Rivals’-led fight card below.
UFC 61: Bitter Rivals
|July 8, 2006|
Mandalay Bay Events Center
|Las Vegas, Nevada|
|Tim Sylvia vs. Andrei Arlovski|
|Joshua Burkman vs. Josh Neer|
UFC 61 was live 6,178 days days ago and was the 74th event in UFC history, including pay-per-views, UFC Fight Nights, and The Ultimate Fighter season finales.
Who won at UFC 61
Below is the 9-fight order and UFC 61 results. Here are the real winners and losers from Saturday‘s event:
- Tim Sylvia defeated Andrei Arlovski via Decision (Unanimous) (Round 5 / 5:00)
- Joshua Burkman defeated Josh Neer by Decision (Unanimous) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Tito Ortiz defeated Ken Shamrock by TKO (Elbows) (Round 1 / 1:18)
- Frank Mir defeated Dan Christison by Decision (Unanimous) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Joe Stevenson defeated Yves Edwards by TKO (Doctor Stoppage) (Round 2 / 5:00)
- Hermes Franca defeated Joe Jordan by Submission (Triangle Choke) (Round 3 / 0:47)
- Jeff Monson defeated Anthony Perosh by TKO (Punches) (Round 1 / 2:42)
- Cheick Kongo defeated Gilbert Aldana by TKO (Doctor Stoppage) (Round 1 / 4:13)
- Drew Fickett defeated Kurt Pellegrino by Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) (Round 3 / 1:20)
UFC 61 Results
The results are listed in ascending order, starting from the first fight ending with the night’s main event.
Drew Fickett vs. Kurt Pellegrino
The UFC 61 began with Drew Fickett taking on Kurt Pellegrino. Drew Fickett defeated Kurt Pellegrino in Round 3 at 1:20 by Submission (Rear-Naked Choke).
Cheick Kongo vs. Gilbert Aldana
The second fight at UFC 61 was Gilbert Aldana vs. Cheick Kongo. Cheick Kongo won in Round 1 at 4:13 by TKO (Doctor Stoppage).
Jeff Monson vs. Anthony Perosh
The following fight was between Anthony Perosh and Jeff Monson. Jeff Monson beat Anthony Perosh by TKO (Punches) in Round 1 at 2:42.
Hermes Franca vs. Joe Jordan
In the fourth bout, Hermes Franca defeated Joe Jordan by Submission (Triangle Choke) at 0:47 of Round 3.
Joe Stevenson vs. Yves Edwards
The fifth bout ended at 5:00 of Round 2 with Joe Stevenson defeating Yves Edwards by TKO (Doctor Stoppage).
Frank Mir vs. Dan Christison
In sixth fight of the night, Dan Christison lost to Frank Mir at 5:00 of Round 3.
Tito Ortiz vs. Ken Shamrock
Tito Ortiz got the better of Ken Shamrock and won by TKO (Elbows) in Round 1 at 1:18.
Joshua Burkman vs. Josh Neer
In the co-main event Joshua Burkman defeated Josh Neer via Decision (Unanimous) at 5:00 of Round 3; Steve Mazzagatti was the third man in the cage.
Tim Sylvia vs. Andrei Arlovski
In the main event, referee John McCarthy called an end to the bout at 5:00 of Round 5. Tim Sylvia defeated Andrei Arlovski by Decision (Unanimous).
Be sure to check out upcoming UFC events and don’t miss the latest MMA news. You can view the official event page here.
This page is updated with new details on UFC 61 event, so come back soon for fresh updates. If you see a mistake, please submit a correction and help us fix it.