Rich Franklin returned to the UFC Octagon saturday night for UFC 72 to battle Yushin Okami. The event took place on Saturday, June 16, 2007, at the The Odyssey in Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom.. Victory featured 8 bouts, some were more exciting to watch than others.
UFC 72 was headlined by a battle between Rich Franklin and Yushin Okami, with Forrest Griffin vs. Hector Ramirez serving as the night’s co-main event. Elsewhere on the card, Jason MacDonald went to war against Rory Singer. Let’s find out who won at the UFC 72. View the full results for ‘Victory’-led fight card below.
UFC 72: Victory
|June 16, 2007|
|Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom.|
|Rich Franklin vs. Yushin Okami|
|Forrest Griffin vs. Hector Ramirez|
UFC 72 was live 6,020 days days ago and was the 92nd event in UFC history, including pay-per-views, UFC Fight Nights, and The Ultimate Fighter season finales.
Who won at UFC 72
Below is the 8-fight order and UFC 72 results. Here are the real winners and losers from Saturday‘s event:
- Rich Franklin defeated Yushin Okami via Decision (Unanimous) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Forrest Griffin defeated Hector Ramirez by Decision (Unanimous) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Jason MacDonald defeated Rory Singer by TKO (Punches and Elbows) (Round 2 / 3:18)
- Tyson Griffin defeated Clay Guida by Decision (Split) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Ed Herman defeated Scott Smith by Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) (Round 2 / 2:25)
- Marcus Davis defeated Jason Tan by KO (Punch) (Round 1 / 1:15)
- Eddie Sanchez defeated Colin Robinson by TKO (Punches) (Round 2 / 0:32)
- Dustin Hazelett defeated Steven Lynch by Submission (Anaconda Choke) (Round 1 / 2:50)
UFC 72 Results
The results are listed in ascending order, starting from the first fight ending with the night’s main event.
Dustin Hazelett vs. Steven Lynch
The UFC 72 started with Dustin Hazelett taking on Steven Lynch. Dustin Hazelett defeated Steven Lynch in Round 1 at 2:50 by Submission (Anaconda Choke).
Eddie Sanchez vs. Colin Robinson
The second fight at UFC 72 was Colin Robinson vs. Eddie Sanchez. Eddie Sanchez won in Round 2 at 0:32 by TKO (Punches).
Marcus Davis vs. Jason Tan
The following fight was between Jason Tan and Marcus Davis. Marcus Davis beat Jason Tan by KO (Punch) in Round 1 at 1:15.
Ed Herman vs. Scott Smith
In the fourth bout, Ed Herman defeated Scott Smith by Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) at 2:25 of Round 2.
Tyson Griffin vs. Clay Guida
The fifth bout ended at 5:00 of Round 3 with Tyson Griffin defeating Clay Guida by Decision (Split).
Jason MacDonald vs. Rory Singer
In sixth fight of the night, Rory Singer lost to Jason MacDonald at 3:18 of Round 2.
Forrest Griffin vs. Hector Ramirez
In the co-main event Forrest Griffin defeated Hector Ramirez via Decision (Unanimous) at 5:00 of Round 3; Herb Dean was the third man in the cage.
Rich Franklin vs. Yushin Okami
In the main event, referee John McCarthy called an end to the bout at 5:00 of Round 3. Rich Franklin defeated Yushin Okami by Decision (Unanimous).