Jose Aldo returned to the UFC Octagon saturday night for UFC on ESPN 26 to battle Rob Font. The event took place on Saturday, December 4, 2021, at the UFC APEX facility in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA. Font vs. Aldo featured 13 bouts, some were more exciting to watch than others.
UFC on ESPN 26 was headlined by a clash between Jose Aldo and Rob Font, with Rafael Fiziev vs. Brad Riddell serving as the night’s co-main event. Elsewhere on the card, Manel Kape went to battle against Zhalgas Zhumagulov. Let’s find out who won at the UFC on ESPN 26. View the full results for ‘Font vs. Aldo’-led fight card below.
UFC on ESPN 26: Font vs. Aldo
|December 4, 2021|
UFC APEX facility
|Las Vegas, Nevada, USA|
|Jose Aldo vs. Rob Font|
|Rafael Fiziev vs. Brad Riddell|
UFC on ESPN 26 was live 163 days ago and was the 586th event in UFC history, including pay-per-views, UFC Fight Nights, and The Ultimate Fighter season finales.
Who won at UFC on ESPN 26
Below is the 13-fight order and UFC on ESPN 26 results. Here are the real winners and losers from Saturday‘s event:
- Jose Aldo defeated Rob Font via Decision (Unanimous) (Round 5 / 5:00)
- Rafael Fiziev defeated Brad Riddell by KO (Spinning Wheel Kick) (Round 3 / 2:20)
- Jamahal Hill defeated Jimmy Crute via KO (Punches) (Round 1 / 0:48)
- Clay Guida defeated Leonardo Santos by Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) (Round 2 / 1:21)
- Chris Curtis defeated Brendan Allen by TKO (Punches and Knees) (Round 2 / 1:58)
- Alex Morono defeated Mickey Gall by Decision (Unanimous) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Dusko Todorovic defeated Maki Pitolo by TKO (Punches) (Round 1 / 4:34)
- Manel Kape defeated Zhalgas Zhumagulov by TKO (Punches) (Round 1 / 4:02)
- Bryan Barberena defeated Darian Weeks by Decision (Unanimous) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Cheyanne Vlismas defeated Mallory Martin by Decision (Unanimous) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- William Knight defeated Alonzo Menifield by Decision (Unanimous) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Claudio Puelles defeated Chris Gruetzemacher by Submission (Kneebar) (Round 3 / 3:25)
- Vince Morales defeated Louis Smolka by KO (Punches) (Round 1 / 2:02)
UFC on ESPN 26 Results
The results are listed in ascending order, starting from the first fight ending with the night’s main event. Be sure to check out UFC on ESPN 26 payouts and bonuses.
Vince Morales vs. Louis Smolka
The UFC on ESPN 26 started with Vince Morales taking on Louis Smolka. Vince Morales defeated Louis Smolka in Round 1 at 2:02 by KO (Punches).
Claudio Puelles vs. Chris Gruetzemacher
The second fight at UFC on ESPN 26 was Chris Gruetzemacher vs. Claudio Puelles. Claudio Puelles won in Round 3 at 3:25 by Submission (Kneebar).
William Knight vs. Alonzo Menifield
The following bout was between Alonzo Menifield and William Knight. William Knight beat Alonzo Menifield by Decision (Unanimous) in Round 3 at 5:00.
Cheyanne Vlismas vs. Mallory Martin
In the fourth bout, Cheyanne Vlismas defeated Mallory Martin by Decision (Unanimous) at 5:00 of Round 3.
Bryan Barberena vs. Darian Weeks
The fifth bout ended at 5:00 of Round 3 with Bryan Barberena defeating Darian Weeks by Decision (Unanimous).
Manel Kape vs. Zhalgas Zhumagulov
In the sixth fight of the night, Zhalgas Zhumagulov lost to Manel Kape at 4:02 of Round 1.
Dusko Todorovic vs. Maki Pitolo
Dusko Todorovic got the better of Maki Pitolo and won by TKO (Punches) in Round 1 at 4:34.
Alex Morono vs. Mickey Gall
The eighth bout was between Mickey Gall and Alex Morono. Alex Morono beat Mickey Gall by Decision (Unanimous) at 5:00 of Round 3.
Chris Curtis vs. Brendan Allen
The ninth fight at UFC on ESPN 26 was Brendan Allen vs. Chris Curtis. Chris Curtis won in Round 2 at 1:58 by TKO (Punches and Knees).
Clay Guida vs. Leonardo Santos
In the tenth bout, Clay Guida battled Leonardo Santos and took the win by Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) in Round 2 at 1:21.
Jamahal Hill vs. Jimmy Crute
Right before the co-main event, Jamahal Hill prevailed over Jimmy Crute. Jamahal Hill won by KO (Punches) at 0:48 of Round 1.
Rafael Fiziev vs. Brad Riddell
In the co-main event, Rafael Fiziev defeated Brad Riddell via KO (Spinning Wheel Kick) at 2:20 of Round 3; Herb Dean was the third man in the cage.
Jose Aldo vs. Rob Font
In the main event, referee Keith Peterson called an end to the bout at 5:00 of Round 5. Jose Aldo defeated Rob Font by Decision (Unanimous).
This page is updated with new details on UFC on ESPN 26 event, so come back soon for fresh updates. If you see a mistake, please submit a correction and help us fix it.