UFC 236 comes to Atlanta, Georgia on Saturday, April 13 with a championship doubleheader. In the main event, featherweight champion Max Holloway has his chance to become a two-division champion when moves up to 155-pounds to face top contender Dustin Poirier for the interim lightweight championship.
And while Holloway is aiming to be a champion in two weight classes, there is also the aspect of revenge for the Hawaiin.
Holloway and Poirier initially met at UFC 143 when a 20-year-old Holloway was making his UFC debut. Poirier was able to come away victorious with a mounted triangle armbar submission win in the first round. Poirier picked up a $50,000 Submission of the Night bonus for his efforts, while Holloway suffered the first loss of his professional career.
In anticipation of their rematch with gold on the line, you can check out the full fight from their first UFC clash below.
UFC 236 is set to take place at the State Farm Arena in Atlanta, Georgia. The co-main event features Israel Adesanya vs. Kelvin Gastelum for the interim middleweight title. The event officially begins with the early preliminary card on UFC Fight Pass at 6:15 p.m. ET for four bouts before making the move to ESPN at 8:00 p.m. ET. The Worldwide Leader in Sports will then be home to four additional bouts before the main card kicks off at 10:00 p.m. ET on pay-per-view.
UFC 236 Fight Card
Main Card (Pay-per-view, 10:00 p.m. ET)
- Max Holloway vs. Dustin Poirier — for the interim lightweight championship
- Kelvin Gastelum vs. Israel Adesanya — for the interim middleweight championship
- Eryk Anders vs. Khalil Rountree Jr.
- Alan Jouban vs. Dwight Grant
- Ovince Saint Preux vs. Nikita Krylov
Preliminary Card (ESPN, 8:00 p.m. ET)
- Jalin Turner vs. Matt Frevola
- Wilson Reis vs. Alexandre Pantoja
- Max Griffin vs. Zelim Imadaev
- Boston Salmon vs. Khalid Taha
Early Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass, 6:16 p.m. ET)
- Curtis Millender vs. Belal Muhammad
- Montel Jackson vs. Andre Soukhamthath
- Lauren Mueller vs. Poliana Botelho
- Brandon Davis vs. Randy Costa