Beneil Dariush vs. Mateusz Gamrot – Preview & Matchup Analysis

UFC 280: Oliveira vs. Makhachev is scheduled to take place on Saturday, October 22, 2022, in Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. In one of the matchups on the fight card, Beneil Dariush will take on Mateusz “Gamer” Gamrot in the Lightweight Bout. You can view the full UFC 280 card.

In this post, we will break down Beneil Dariush vs. Mateusz Gamrot matchup. Let’s take look at the fighter’s ages, their height, records, reach, fight stats, and more below ⤵

The 33-year-old, Beneil Dariush is coming in with a 21-4-1 record. Dariush will be fighting for the first time since a win via unanimous decision against Tony Ferguson at UFC 262: Oliveira vs. Chandler in May.

Gamrot, meanwhile, is coming off a unanimous decision win against Arman Tsarukyan on May 15, 2021 at UFC Fight Night: Tsarukyan vs. Gamrot and holds a 21-1-0 (1 NC) record.

Beneil Dariush vs. Mateusz Gamrot
33
Age
31
5′ 10″
Height
5′ 10″
155 lbs.
Weight
155 lbs.
72″
Reach
70″
21-4-1
Record
21-1-0 (1 NC)
Southpaw
Stance
Southpaw

Beneil Dariush has an southpaw fighting stance with a 72″ reach. The 31-year-old, Mateusz Gamrot is an southpaw fighter with a 70″ reach. An orthodox fighter stands with their left side forward and jabs with their left hand, the southpaw fighter is the opposite, southpaw stands with their right side forward and jabs with their right hand. In most cases, orthodox fighters are right-handed, if you are left-handed, then you fight southpaw.

Beneil Dariush:
→ Dariush’s striking accuracy is 49%.
→ Dariush lands 3.8 significant strikes per minute.
→ Dariush’s takedown accuracy is 34%.
→ Dariush’s takedown average is 2.11 per 15 minutes.
→ Dariush’s takedown defense is 81%.

Dariush comes in with 49% striking accuracy, typically landing about 3.8 significant strikes every minute. On the other side, Gamrot fires at 51% accuracy, landing about 3.54 significant strikes per minute. Beneil Dariush also has a 34% takedown accuracy and on average gets around 2.11 takedowns every 15 minutes, compared to Gamrot’s 4.83 takedowns and 90% takedown accuracy.

Mateusz Gamrot:
→ Gamrot’s striking accuracy is 51%.
→ Gamrot lands 3.54 significant strikes per minute.
→ Gamrot’s takedown accuracy is 35%.
→ Gamrot’s takedown average is 4.83 per 15 minutes.
→ Gamrot’s takedown defense is 90%.

Mateusz spent on average 11:11 minutes in the Octagon and Beneil has an average fight time of 9:14 minutes.

This looks like an entertaining matchup, at least on paper. UFC 280 is live in , who do you think will win, Beneil or Mateusz? Sound off in the comments.

Event Name
UFC 280: Oliveira vs. Makhachev
Date
October 22, 2022
Location
Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Matchup
Beneil Dariush vs. Mateusz Gamrot

You can view the scheduled UFC 280 fight card, upcoming UFC schedule 2021, and latest MMA news.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -