Johnny Walker vs. Ion Cutelaba – Preview & Matchup Analysis

UFC 279: Chimaev vs. Diaz is scheduled to take place on Saturday, September 10, 2022, in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA. In one of the matchups on the fight card, Johnny Walker will take on Ion “The Hulk” Cutelaba in the Light Heavyweight Bout. You can view the full UFC 279 card.

In this post, we will break down Johnny Walker vs. Ion Cutelaba matchup. Let’s take look at the fighter’s ages, their height, records, reach, fight stats, and more below ⤵

The 30-year-old, Johnny Walker is coming in with a 18-7-0 record. Walker will be fighting for the first time since a loss via KO/TKO against Jamahal Hill at UFC Fight Night: Walker vs. Hill in February.

Cutelaba, meanwhile, is coming off a submission loss against Ryan Spann on February 19, 2022 at UFC Fight Night: Blachowicz vs. Rakic and holds a 16-7-1 (1 NC) record.

Johnny Walker vs. Ion Cutelaba
30
Age
28
6′ 6″
Height
6′ 1″
205 lbs.
Weight
205 lbs.
82″
Reach
75″
18-7-0
Record
16-7-1 (1 NC)
Orthodox
Stance
Southpaw

Johnny Walker has an orthodox fighting stance with a 82″ reach. The 28-year-old, Ion Cutelaba is an southpaw fighter with a 75″ reach. An orthodox fighter stands with their left side forward and jabs with their left hand, the southpaw fighter is the opposite, southpaw stands with their right side forward and jabs with their right hand. In most cases, orthodox fighters are right-handed, if you are left-handed, then you fight southpaw.

Johnny Walker:
→ Walker’s striking accuracy is 58%.
→ Walker lands 3.45 significant strikes per minute.
→ Walker’s takedown accuracy is 100%.
→ Walker’s takedown average is 0.23 per 15 minutes.
→ Walker’s takedown defense is 62%.

Walker comes in with 58% striking accuracy, typically landing about 3.45 significant strikes every minute. On the other side, Cutelaba fires at 42% accuracy, landing about 4.81 significant strikes per minute. Johnny Walker also has a 100% takedown accuracy and on average gets around 0.23 takedowns every 15 minutes, compared to Cutelaba’s 4.75 takedowns and 79% takedown accuracy.

Ion Cutelaba:
→ Cutelaba’s striking accuracy is 42%.
→ Cutelaba lands 4.81 significant strikes per minute.
→ Cutelaba’s takedown accuracy is 62%.
→ Cutelaba’s takedown average is 4.75 per 15 minutes.
→ Cutelaba’s takedown defense is 79%.

Ion spent on average 7:53 minutes in the Octagon and Johnny has an average fight time of 7:17 minutes.

This looks like an entertaining matchup, at least on paper. UFC 279 is live in , who do you think will win, Johnny or Ion? Sound off in the comments.

Event Name
UFC 279: Chimaev vs. Diaz
Date
September 10, 2022
Location
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Matchup
Johnny Walker vs. Ion Cutelaba

You can view the scheduled UFC 279 fight card, upcoming UFC schedule 2021, and latest MMA news.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -