UFC 293: Adesanya vs. Strickland is scheduled to take place on Saturday, September 9, 2023, in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. In one of the matchups on the fight card, Justin “Bad Man” Kape will take on Austen Lane in the Heavyweight Bout. You can view the full UFC 293 card.
Kape brings a unique southpaw fighting stance with an 74″ reach. In contrast, Lane, an orthodox fighter, stands with a 80″ reach. These variations in their styles can have a significant impact inside the Octagon.
With a 54% striking accuracy, Kape has shown his precision in landing significant strikes, averaging around 5.02 per minute. On the other hand, Lane boasts a 46% striking accuracy, landing approximately 4.33 significant strikes per minute.
In this post, we will break down Justin Tafa vs. Austen Lane matchup. Let’s take a look at the fighter’s ages, their height, records, reach, fight stats, and more below ⤵
The 29-year-old, Justin Tafa is coming in with a 6-3-0 (1 NC) record. Kape will be fighting for the first time since a nc via CNC against Austen Lane at UFC Fight Night: Emmett vs. Topuria in June.
Lane, meanwhile, is coming off a CNC nc against Justin Tafa on June 24, 2023, at UFC Fight Night: Emmett vs. Topuria and holds a 12-3-0 (1 NC) record.
|Justin Tafa||vs.||Austen Lane|
|6-3-0 (1 NC)||
|12-3-0 (1 NC)|
Justin Tafa has a southpaw fighting stance with an 74″ reach. The 35-year-old Austen Lane is an orthodox fighter with a 80″ reach. An orthodox fighter stands with their left side forward and jabs with their left hand. The southpaw fighter is the opposite. Southpaw stands with their right side forward and jabs with their right hand. In most cases, orthodox fighters are right-handed; if you are left-handed, you fight southpaw.
Justin Tafa stats
→ Kape’s striking accuracy is 54%.
→ Kape lands 5.02 significant strikes per minute.
→ Kape’s takedown accuracy is 0%.
→ Kape’s takedown average is 0 per 15 minutes.
→ Kape’s takedown defense is 100%.
Kape comes in with 54% striking accuracy, typically landing about 5.02 significant strikes every minute. Conversely, Lane fires at 46% accuracy, landing about 4.33 significant strikes per minute. Justin Tafa also has a 0% takedown accuracy and, on average, gets around 0 takedowns every 15 minutes, compared to Lane’s 0 takedowns and 0% takedown accuracy.
Austen Lane stats
→ Lane’s striking accuracy is 46%.
→ Lane lands 4.33 significant strikes per minute.
→ Lane’s takedown accuracy is 0%.
→ Lane’s takedown average is 0 per 15 minutes.
→ Lane’s takedown defense is 0%.
Austen spent, on average, 2:00 minutes in the Octagon, and Justin has an average fight time of 5:22 minutes.
Considering their records, fighting styles, and recent performances, this matchup looks to be an interesting clash of skills and strategies. Who will come out victorious, Justin or Austen? Sound off in the comments.
|UFC 293: Adesanya vs. Strickland|
|September 9, 2023|
|Sydney, New South Wales, Australia|
|Justin Tafa vs. Austen Lane|