Montel Jackson vs. Da’Mon Blackshear – Fight Preview & Analysis

Montel Jackson vs. Da'Mon Blackshear fight preview

UFC on ESPN 59: Namajunas vs. Cortez is scheduled to take place on Saturday, July 13, 2024, in Denver, Colorado, USA. In this matchup on the fight card, Montel “Quik” Jackson will take on Da’Mon “The Monster” Blackshear in the Bantamweight bout. You can view the complete UFC on ESPN 59 card.

Jackson brings a unique southpaw fighting stance with an 75″ reach. In contrast, Blackshear, an switch fighter, stands with a 72″ reach. These variations in their styles can have a significant impact inside the Octagon.

With a 53% striking accuracy, Jackson has shown his precision in landing significant strikes, averaging around 3.36 per minute. On the other hand, Blackshear boasts a 47% striking accuracy, landing approximately 4.28 significant strikes per minute.

In this post, we will break down Montel Jackson vs. Da’Mon Blackshear matchup. Let’s take a look at the fighter’s ages, their height, records, reach, fight stats, and more below ⤵

The 32-year-old, Montel Jackson is coming in with a 13-2-0 record. Jackson will be fighting for the first time since a win via KO/TKO against Rani Yahya at UFC Fight Night: Pavlovich vs. Blaydes in April.

Blackshear, meanwhile, is coming off a unanimous decision loss against Montel Jackson on April 22, 2023, at UFC 292: Sterling vs. O’Malley and holds a 14-6-1 record.

Montel Jackson vs. Da’Mon Blackshear
32
Age
29
5′ 10″
Height
5′ 10″
135 lbs.
Weight
135 lbs.
75″
Reach
72″
13-2-0
Record
14-6-1
Southpaw
Stance
Switch

Montel Jackson has a southpaw fighting stance with an 75″ reach. The 29-year-old Da’Mon Blackshear is an switch fighter with a 72″ reach. An orthodox fighter stands with their left side forward and jabs with their left hand. The southpaw fighter is the opposite. Southpaw stands with their right side forward and jabs with their right hand. In most cases, orthodox fighters are right-handed; if you are left-handed, you fight southpaw.

Montel Jackson stats

→ Jackson’s striking accuracy is 53%.
→ Jackson lands 3.36 significant strikes per minute.
→ Jackson’s takedown accuracy is 71%.
→ Jackson’s takedown average is 3.42 per 15 minutes.
→ Jackson’s takedown defense is 69%.

Jackson comes in with 53% striking accuracy, typically landing about 3.36 significant strikes every minute. Conversely, Blackshear fires at 47% accuracy, landing about 4.28 significant strikes per minute. Montel Jackson also has a 71% takedown accuracy and, on average, gets around 3.42 takedowns every 15 minutes, compared to Blackshear’s 2.34 takedowns and 66% takedown accuracy.

Da’Mon Blackshear stats

→ Blackshear’s striking accuracy is 47%.
→ Blackshear lands 4.28 significant strikes per minute.
→ Blackshear’s takedown accuracy is 37%.
→ Blackshear’s takedown average is 2.34 per 15 minutes.
→ Blackshear’s takedown defense is 66%.

Da’Mon spent, on average, 11:32 minutes in the Octagon, and Montel has an average fight time of 10:58 minutes.

Considering their records, fighting styles, and recent performances, this matchup looks to be a good clash of skills and strategies. Who will come out victorious, Montel or Da’Mon? Sound off in the comments.

Event Name
UFC on ESPN 59: Namajunas vs. Cortez
Date
July 13, 2024
Location
Denver, Colorado, USA
Matchup
Montel Jackson vs. Da’Mon Blackshear

You can view the scheduled UFC on ESPN 59 fight card, upcoming UFC schedule 2024, and latest MMA news.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -