Vicente Luque vs. Randy Brown – Preview & Matchup Analysis

Vicente Luque vs. Randy Brown fight preview

UFC Fight Night 173: Brunson vs. Shahbazyan is scheduled to take place on Saturday, August 1, 2020, in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA. In one of the matchups on the fight card, Vicente “The Silent Assassin” Luque will take on Randy “Rudeboy” Brown in the Welterweight Bout. You can view the full UFC Fight Night 173 card.

In this post, we will break down Vicente Luque vs. Randy Brown matchup. Let’s take look at the fighter’s ages, their height, records, reach, fight stats and more below ⤵

The 28-year-old, Vicente Luque is coming in with a 18-7-1 record. Luque will be fighting for the first time since a win via KO/TKO against Niko Price at UFC 249: Ferguson vs. Gaethje in May.

Brown, meanwhile, is coming off a submission win against Warlley Alves on May 9, 2020 at UFC Fight Night: Blachowicz vs. Jacare and holds a 12-3-0 record.

Vicente Luque vs. Randy Brown
28
Age
30
5′ 11″
Height
6′ 3″
170 lbs.
Weight
170 lbs.
75″
Reach
78″
18-7-1
Record
12-3-0
Orthodox
Stance
Orthodox

Vicente Luque has an orthodox fighting stance with a 75″ reach. The 30-year-old, Randy Brown is an orthodox fighter with a 78″ reach. An orthodox fighter stands with their left side forward and jabs with their left hand, the southpaw fighter is the opposite, southpaw stands with their right side forward and jabs with their right hand. In most cases, orthodox fighters are right-handed, if you are left-handed, then you fight southpaw.

Vicente Luque:
→ Luque’s striking accuracy is 53%.
→ Luque lands 5.66 significant strikes per minute.
→ Luque’s takedown accuracy is 50%.
→ Luque’s takedown average is 0.73 per 15 minutes.
→ Luque’s takedown defense is 65%.

Luque comes in with 53% striking accuracy, typically landing about 5.66 significant strikes every minute. On the other side, Brown fires at 47% accuracy, landing about 3.41 significant strikes per minute. Vicente Luque also has a 50% takedown accuracy and on average gets around 0.73 takedowns every 15 minutes, compared to Brown’s 0.95 takedowns and 71% takedown accuracy.

Randy Brown:
→ Brown’s striking accuracy is 47%.
→ Brown lands 3.41 significant strikes per minute.
→ Brown’s takedown accuracy is 46%.
→ Brown’s takedown average is 0.95 per 15 minutes.
→ Brown’s takedown defense is 71%.

Randy spent on average 10:31 minutes in the Octagon and Vicente has an average fight time of 8:47 minutes.

This looks like an entertaining matchup, at least on paper. UFC Fight Night 173 is live in , who do you think will win, Vicente or Randy? Sound off in the comments.

Event Name
UFC Fight Night 173: Brunson vs. Shahbazyan
Date
August 1, 2020
Location
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Matchup
Vicente Luque vs. Randy Brown

You can view the scheduled UFC Fight Night 173 fight card, upcoming UFC schedule 2020, and latest MMA news.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

UFC Fight Night 174 – Start Time, Date, TV Channel & Schedule

UFC Fight Night 174: Lewis vs. Oleinik will take place at the UFC APEX facility in Las Vegas, Nevada, United States. The event is...

Marlon Moraes vs Cory Sandhagen in the works for October 10th

Former UFC bantamweight title contender Marlon Moraes is in talks to have his first fight this year. Combate's Raphael Marinho reports that the UFC...

LOOK: UFC Fight Night 175 Poster for ‘Munhoz vs. Edgar’ Released

Pedro Munhoz vs. Frankie Edgar headlines UFC Fight Night 175 fight card scheduled for August 15 live on pay-per-view. UFC APEX facility in Las...