Vitor Belfort returned to the UFC Octagon saturday night for UFC 103 to face Rich Franklin. The event took place on Saturday, September 19, 2009, at the American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas. Franklin vs. Belfort featured 13 bouts, some were more fun to watch than others.
UFC 103 was headlined by a fight between Vitor Belfort and Rich Franklin, with Junior dos Santos vs. Mirko Filipovic serving as the night’s co-main event. Elsewhere on the card, Jim Miller went to war against Steve Lopez. Let’s find out who won at the UFC 103. View the full results for ‘Franklin vs. Belfort’-led fight card below.
UFC 103: Franklin vs. Belfort
|September 19, 2009|
American Airlines Center
|Vitor Belfort vs. Rich Franklin|
|Junior dos Santos vs. Mirko Filipovic|
UFC 103 was live 5,117 days days ago and was the 137th event in UFC history, including pay-per-views, UFC Fight Nights, and The Ultimate Fighter season finales.
Who won at UFC 103
Below is the 13-fight order and UFC 103 results. Here are the real winners and losers from Saturday‘s event:
- Vitor Belfort defeated Rich Franklin via TKO (Punches) (Round 1 / 3:02)
- Junior dos Santos defeated Mirko Filipovic by TKO (Submission to Punch) (Round 3 / 2:00)
- Paul Daley defeated Martin Kampmann via TKO (Punches) (Round 1 / 2:31)
- Josh Koscheck defeated Frank Trigg by TKO (Punches) (Round 1 / 1:25)
- Tyson Griffin defeated Hermes Franca by TKO (Punches) (Round 2 / 3:26)
- Efrain Escudero defeated Cole Miller by TKO (Punches) (Round 1 / 3:36)
- Tomasz Drwal defeated Drew McFedries by Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) (Round 2 / 1:03)
- Jim Miller defeated Steve Lopez by TKO (Shoulder Injury) (Round 2 / 0:48)
- Nik Lentz defeated Rafaello Oliveira by Decision (Unanimous) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Rick Story defeated Brian Foster by Submission (Arm-Triangle Choke) (Round 2 / 1:09)
- Eliot Marshall defeated Jason Brilz by Decision (Split) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Vladimir Matyushenko defeated Igor Pokrajac by Decision (Unanimous) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Rafael dos Anjos defeated Robert Emerson by Decision (Unanimous) (Round 3 / 5:00)
UFC 103 Results
The results are listed in ascending order, starting from the first fight ending with the night’s main event.
Rafael dos Anjos vs. Robert Emerson
The UFC 103 kicked off with Rafael dos Anjos taking on Robert Emerson. Rafael dos Anjos defeated Robert Emerson in Round 3 at 5:00 by Decision (Unanimous).
Vladimir Matyushenko vs. Igor Pokrajac
The second fight at UFC 103 was Igor Pokrajac vs. Vladimir Matyushenko. Vladimir Matyushenko won in Round 3 at 5:00 by Decision (Unanimous).
Eliot Marshall vs. Jason Brilz
The following fight was between Jason Brilz and Eliot Marshall. Eliot Marshall beat Jason Brilz by Decision (Split) in Round 3 at 5:00.
Rick Story vs. Brian Foster
In the fourth bout, Rick Story defeated Brian Foster by Submission (Arm-Triangle Choke) at 1:09 of Round 2.
Nik Lentz vs. Rafaello Oliveira
The fifth bout ended at 5:00 of Round 3 with Nik Lentz defeating Rafaello Oliveira by Decision (Unanimous).
Jim Miller vs. Steve Lopez
In sixth fight of the night, Steve Lopez lost to Jim Miller at 0:48 of Round 2.
Tomasz Drwal vs. Drew McFedries
Tomasz Drwal got the better of Drew McFedries and won by Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) in Round 2 at 1:03.
Efrain Escudero vs. Cole Miller
The eight bout was between Cole Miller and Efrain Escudero. Efrain Escudero beat Cole Miller by TKO (Punches) at 3:36 of Round 1.
Tyson Griffin vs. Hermes Franca
The ninth fight at UFC 103 was Hermes Franca vs. Tyson Griffin. Tyson Griffin won in Round 2 at 3:26 by TKO (Punches).
Josh Koscheck vs. Frank Trigg
In the tenth bout, Josh Koscheck battled Frank Trigg and took the win by TKO (Punches) in Round 1 at 1:25.
Paul Daley vs. Martin Kampmann
Right before the co-main event, Paul Daley prevailed over Martin Kampmann. Paul Daley won by TKO (Punches) at 2:31 of Round 1.
Junior dos Santos vs. Mirko Filipovic
In the co-main event Junior dos Santos defeated Mirko Filipovic via TKO (Submission to Punch) at 2:00 of Round 3; Dan Miragliotta was the third man in the cage.
Vitor Belfort vs. Rich Franklin
In the main event, referee Yves Lavigne called an end to the bout at 3:02 of Round 1. Vitor Belfort defeated Rich Franklin by TKO (Punches).