Randy Couture returned to the UFC Octagon saturday night for UFC 105 to battle Brandon Vera. The event took place on Saturday, November 14, 2009, at the Evening News Arena in Manchester, United Kingdom. Couture vs. Vera featured 11 bouts, some were more interesting to watch than others.
UFC 105 was headlined by a battle between Randy Couture and Brandon Vera, with Dan Hardy vs. Mike Swick serving as the night’s co-main event. Elsewhere on the card, John Hathaway went to war against Paul Taylor. Let’s find out who won at the UFC 105. View the full results for ‘Couture vs. Vera’-led fight card below.
UFC 105: Couture vs. Vera
|November 14, 2009|
Evening News Arena
|Manchester, United Kingdom|
|Randy Couture vs. Brandon Vera|
|Dan Hardy vs. Mike Swick|
UFC 105 was live 4,953 days days ago and was the 139th event in UFC history, including pay-per-views, UFC Fight Nights, and The Ultimate Fighter season finales.
Who won at UFC 105
Below is the 11-fight order and UFC 105 results. Here are the real winners and losers from Saturday‘s event:
- Randy Couture defeated Brandon Vera via Decision (Unanimous) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Dan Hardy defeated Mike Swick by Decision (Unanimous) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Michael Bisping defeated Denis Kang by TKO (Punches) (Round 2 / 4:24)
- Matt Brown defeated James Wilks by TKO (Punches) (Round 3 / 2:27)
- Ross Pearson defeated Aaron Riley by TKO (Doctor Stoppage) (Round 2 / 4:38)
- John Hathaway defeated Paul Taylor by Decision (Unanimous) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Terry Etim defeated Shannon Gugerty by Submission (Guillotine Choke) (Round 2 / 1:24)
- Nick Osipczak defeated Matt Riddle by TKO (Punches) (Round 3 / 3:53)
- Dennis Siver defeated Paul Kelly by TKO (Spinning Back Kick and Punches) (Round 2 / 2:53)
- Alexander Gustafsson defeated Jared Hamman by KO (Punches) (Round 1 / 0:41)
- Andre Winner defeated Roli Delgado by KO (Punches) (Round 1 / 3:22)
UFC 105 Results
The results are listed in ascending order, starting from the first fight ending with the night’s main event.
Andre Winner vs. Roli Delgado
The UFC 105 began with Andre Winner taking on Roli Delgado. Andre Winner defeated Roli Delgado in Round 1 at 3:22 by KO (Punches).
Alexander Gustafsson vs. Jared Hamman
The second fight at UFC 105 was Jared Hamman vs. Alexander Gustafsson. Alexander Gustafsson won in Round 1 at 0:41 by KO (Punches).
Dennis Siver vs. Paul Kelly
The following bout was between Paul Kelly and Dennis Siver. Dennis Siver beat Paul Kelly by TKO (Spinning Back Kick and Punches) in Round 2 at 2:53.
Nick Osipczak vs. Matt Riddle
In the fourth bout, Nick Osipczak defeated Matt Riddle by TKO (Punches) at 3:53 of Round 3.
Terry Etim vs. Shannon Gugerty
The fifth bout ended at 1:24 of Round 2 with Terry Etim defeating Shannon Gugerty by Submission (Guillotine Choke).
John Hathaway vs. Paul Taylor
In sixth fight of the night, Paul Taylor lost to John Hathaway at 5:00 of Round 3.
Ross Pearson vs. Aaron Riley
Ross Pearson got the better of Aaron Riley and won by TKO (Doctor Stoppage) in Round 2 at 4:38.
Matt Brown vs. James Wilks
The eight bout was between James Wilks and Matt Brown. Matt Brown beat James Wilks by TKO (Punches) at 2:27 of Round 3.
Michael Bisping vs. Denis Kang
The ninth fight at UFC 105 was Denis Kang vs. Michael Bisping. Michael Bisping won in Round 2 at 4:24 by TKO (Punches).
Dan Hardy vs. Mike Swick
In the co-main event Dan Hardy defeated Mike Swick via Decision (Unanimous) at 5:00 of Round 3; Kevin Mulhall was the third man in the cage.
Randy Couture vs. Brandon Vera
In the main event, referee Marc Goddard called an end to the bout at 5:00 of Round 3. Randy Couture defeated Brandon Vera by Decision (Unanimous).
Be sure to check out upcoming UFC events and don’t miss the latest MMA news. You can view the official event page here.
This page is updated with new details on UFC 105 event, so come back soon for fresh updates. If you see a mistake, please submit a correction and help us fix it.