Michael Bisping returned to the UFC Octagon saturday night for UFC 120 to battle Yoshihiro Akiyama. The event took place on Saturday, October 16, 2010, at the O 2 Arena in London, United Kingdom. Bisping vs. Akiyama featured 10 bouts, some were more interesting to watch than others.
UFC 120 was headlined by a fight between Michael Bisping and Yoshihiro Akiyama, with Carlos Condit vs. Dan Hardy serving as the night’s co-main event. Elsewhere on the card, Claude Patrick went to battle against James Wilks. Let’s find out who won at the UFC 120. View the full results for ‘Bisping vs. Akiyama’-led fight card below.
UFC 120: Bisping vs. Akiyama
|October 16, 2010|
O 2 Arena
|London, United Kingdom|
|Michael Bisping vs. Yoshihiro Akiyama|
|Carlos Condit vs. Dan Hardy|
UFC 120 was live 4,269 days days ago and was the 161st event in UFC history, including pay-per-views, UFC Fight Nights, and The Ultimate Fighter season finales.
Who won at UFC 120
Below is the 10-fight order and UFC 120 results. Here are the real winners and losers from Saturday‘s event:
- Michael Bisping defeated Yoshihiro Akiyama via Decision (Unanimous) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Carlos Condit defeated Dan Hardy by KO (Punch) (Round 1 / 4:27)
- Mike Pyle defeated John Hathaway by Decision (Unanimous) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Cheick Kongo defeated Travis Browne by Draw (Unanimous) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Claude Patrick defeated James Wilks by Decision (Unanimous) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Alexander Gustafsson defeated Cyrille Diabate by Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) (Round 2 / 2:41)
- Rob Broughton defeated Vinicius Kappke de Queiroz by Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) (Round 3 / 1:43)
- Paul Sass defeated Mark Holst by Submission (Triangle Choke) (Round 1 / 4:45)
- Spencer Fisher defeated Curt Warburton by Decision (Unanimous) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Fabio Maldonado defeated James McSweeney by TKO (Punches) (Round 3 / 0:48)
UFC 120 Results
The results are listed in ascending order, starting from the first fight ending with the night’s main event.
Fabio Maldonado vs. James McSweeney
The UFC 120 started with Fabio Maldonado taking on James McSweeney. Fabio Maldonado defeated James McSweeney in Round 3 at 0:48 by TKO (Punches).
Spencer Fisher vs. Curt Warburton
The second fight at UFC 120 was Curt Warburton vs. Spencer Fisher. Spencer Fisher won in Round 3 at 5:00 by Decision (Unanimous).
Paul Sass vs. Mark Holst
The following fight was between Mark Holst and Paul Sass. Paul Sass beat Mark Holst by Submission (Triangle Choke) in Round 1 at 4:45.
Rob Broughton vs. Vinicius Kappke de Queiroz
In the fourth bout, Rob Broughton defeated Vinicius Kappke de Queiroz by Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) at 1:43 of Round 3.
Alexander Gustafsson vs. Cyrille Diabate
The fifth bout ended at 2:41 of Round 2 with Alexander Gustafsson defeating Cyrille Diabate by Submission (Rear-Naked Choke).
Claude Patrick vs. James Wilks
In sixth fight of the night, James Wilks lost to Claude Patrick at 5:00 of Round 3.
Cheick Kongo vs. Travis Browne
Cheick Kongo got the better of Travis Browne and won by Draw (Unanimous) in Round 3 at 5:00.
Mike Pyle vs. John Hathaway
The eight bout was between John Hathaway and Mike Pyle. Mike Pyle beat John Hathaway by Decision (Unanimous) at 5:00 of Round 3.
Carlos Condit vs. Dan Hardy
In the co-main event Carlos Condit defeated Dan Hardy via KO (Punch) at 4:27 of Round 1; Dan Miragliotta was the third man in the cage.
Michael Bisping vs. Yoshihiro Akiyama
In the main event, referee Marc Goddard called an end to the bout at 5:00 of Round 3. Michael Bisping defeated Yoshihiro Akiyama by Decision (Unanimous).