Georges St. Pierre returned to the UFC Octagon saturday night for UFC 129 to battle Jake Shields. The event took place on Saturday, April 30, 2011, at the Rogers Centre in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. St-Pierre vs. Shields featured 12 bouts, some were more surprising to watch than others.
UFC 129 was headlined by a clash between Georges St. Pierre and Jake Shields, with Jose Aldo vs. Mark Hominick serving as the night’s co-main event. Elsewhere on the card, Jake Ellenberger went to war against Sean Pierson. Let’s find out who won at the UFC 129. View the full results for ‘St-Pierre vs. Shields’-led fight card below.
UFC 129: St-Pierre vs. Shields
|April 30, 2011|
|Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Georges St. Pierre vs. Jake Shields|
|Jose Aldo vs. Mark Hominick|
UFC 129 was live 4,156 days days ago and was the 174th event in UFC history, including pay-per-views, UFC Fight Nights, and The Ultimate Fighter season finales.
Who won at UFC 129
Below is the 12-fight order and UFC 129 results. Here are the real winners and losers from Saturday‘s event:
- Georges St. Pierre defeated Jake Shields via Decision (Unanimous) (Round 5 / 5:00)
- Jose Aldo defeated Mark Hominick by Decision (Unanimous) (Round 5 / 5:00)
- Lyoto Machida defeated Randy Couture by KO (Front Kick) (Round 2 / 1:05)
- Vladimir Matyushenko defeated Jason Brilz by KO (Punches) (Round 1 / 0:20)
- Benson Henderson defeated Mark Bocek by Decision (Unanimous) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Rory MacDonald defeated Nate Diaz by Decision (Unanimous) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Jake Ellenberger defeated Sean Pierson by KO (Punch) (Round 1 / 2:42)
- Claude Patrick defeated Daniel Roberts by Decision (Unanimous) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Ivan Menjivar defeated Charlie Valencia by TKO (Elbow and Punches) (Round 1 / 1:30)
- Jason MacDonald defeated Ryan Jensen by Submission (Triangle Choke) (Round 1 / 1:37)
- John Makdessi defeated Kyle Watson by KO (Spinning Back Fist) (Round 3 / 1:27)
- Pablo Garza defeated Yves Jabouin by Submission (Flying Triangle Choke) (Round 1 / 4:31)
UFC 129 Results
The results are listed in ascending order, starting from the first fight ending with the night’s main event.
Pablo Garza vs. Yves Jabouin
The UFC 129 began with Pablo Garza taking on Yves Jabouin. Pablo Garza defeated Yves Jabouin in Round 1 at 4:31 by Submission (Flying Triangle Choke).
John Makdessi vs. Kyle Watson
The second fight at UFC 129 was Kyle Watson vs. John Makdessi. John Makdessi won in Round 3 at 1:27 by KO (Spinning Back Fist).
Jason MacDonald vs. Ryan Jensen
The following fight was between Ryan Jensen and Jason MacDonald. Jason MacDonald beat Ryan Jensen by Submission (Triangle Choke) in Round 1 at 1:37.
Ivan Menjivar vs. Charlie Valencia
In the fourth bout, Ivan Menjivar defeated Charlie Valencia by TKO (Elbow and Punches) at 1:30 of Round 1.
Claude Patrick vs. Daniel Roberts
The fifth bout ended at 5:00 of Round 3 with Claude Patrick defeating Daniel Roberts by Decision (Unanimous).
Jake Ellenberger vs. Sean Pierson
In sixth fight of the night, Sean Pierson lost to Jake Ellenberger at 2:42 of Round 1.
Rory MacDonald vs. Nate Diaz
Rory MacDonald got the better of Nate Diaz and won by Decision (Unanimous) in Round 3 at 5:00.
Benson Henderson vs. Mark Bocek
The eight bout was between Mark Bocek and Benson Henderson. Benson Henderson beat Mark Bocek by Decision (Unanimous) at 5:00 of Round 3.
Vladimir Matyushenko vs. Jason Brilz
The ninth fight at UFC 129 was Jason Brilz vs. Vladimir Matyushenko. Vladimir Matyushenko won in Round 1 at 0:20 by KO (Punches).
Lyoto Machida vs. Randy Couture
In the tenth bout, Lyoto Machida battled Randy Couture and took the win by KO (Front Kick) in Round 2 at 1:05.
Jose Aldo vs. Mark Hominick
In the co-main event Jose Aldo defeated Mark Hominick via Decision (Unanimous) at 5:00 of Round 5; John McCarthy was the third man in the cage.
Georges St. Pierre vs. Jake Shields
In the main event, referee Herb Dean called an end to the bout at 5:00 of Round 5. Georges St. Pierre defeated Jake Shields by Decision (Unanimous).