Jon Jones returned to the UFC Octagon saturday night for UFC 165 to take on Alexander Gustafsson. The event took place on Saturday, September 21, 2013, at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Jones vs. Gustafsson featured 13 bouts, some were more surprising to watch than others.
UFC 165 was headlined by a scrap between Jon Jones and Alexander Gustafsson, with Renan Barao vs. Eddie Wineland serving as the night’s co-main event. Elsewhere on the card, Stephen Thompson went to battle against Chris Clements. Let’s find out who won at the UFC 165. View the full results for ‘Jones vs. Gustafsson’-led fight card below.
UFC 165: Jones vs. Gustafsson
|September 21, 2013|
Air Canada Centre
|Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Jon Jones vs. Alexander Gustafsson|
|Renan Barao vs. Eddie Wineland|
UFC 165 was live 3,546 days days ago and was the 248th event in UFC history, including pay-per-views, UFC Fight Nights, and The Ultimate Fighter season finales.
Who won at UFC 165
Below is the 13-fight order and UFC 165 results. Here are the real winners and losers from Saturday‘s event:
- Jon Jones defeated Alexander Gustafsson via Decision (Unanimous) (Round 5 / 5:00)
- Renan Barao defeated Eddie Wineland by TKO (Spinning Back-Kick and Punches) (Round 2 / 0:35)
- Brendan Schaub defeated Matt Mitrione via Submission (Brabo Choke) (Round 1 / 4:06)
- Francis Carmont defeated Costas Philippou by Decision (Unanimous) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Khabib Nurmagomedov defeated Pat Healy by Decision (Unanimous) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Myles Jury defeated Mike Ricci by Decision (Split) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Wilson Reis defeated Ivan Menjivar by Decision (Unanimous) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Stephen Thompson defeated Chris Clements by TKO (Punches) (Round 2 / 1:27)
- Mitch Gagnon defeated Dustin Kimura by Submission (Guillotine Choke) (Round 1 / 4:05)
- John Makdessi defeated Renee Forte by KO (Punches) (Round 1 / 2:01)
- Michel Prazeres defeated Jesse Ronson by Decision (Split) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Alex Caceres defeated Roland Delorme by Decision (Split) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Daniel Omielanczuk defeated Nandor Guelmino by KO (Punch) (Round 3 / 3:18)
UFC 165 Results
The results are listed in ascending order, starting from the first fight ending with the night’s main event.
Daniel Omielanczuk vs. Nandor Guelmino
The UFC 165 started with Daniel Omielanczuk taking on Nandor Guelmino. Daniel Omielanczuk defeated Nandor Guelmino in Round 3 at 3:18 by KO (Punch).
Alex Caceres vs. Roland Delorme
The second fight at UFC 165 was Roland Delorme vs. Alex Caceres. Alex Caceres won in Round 3 at 5:00 by Decision (Split).
Michel Prazeres vs. Jesse Ronson
The following fight was between Jesse Ronson and Michel Prazeres. Michel Prazeres beat Jesse Ronson by Decision (Split) in Round 3 at 5:00.
John Makdessi vs. Renee Forte
In the fourth bout, John Makdessi defeated Renee Forte by KO (Punches) at 2:01 of Round 1.
Mitch Gagnon vs. Dustin Kimura
The fifth bout ended at 4:05 of Round 1 with Mitch Gagnon defeating Dustin Kimura by Submission (Guillotine Choke).
Stephen Thompson vs. Chris Clements
In sixth fight of the night, Chris Clements lost to Stephen Thompson at 1:27 of Round 2.
Wilson Reis vs. Ivan Menjivar
Wilson Reis got the better of Ivan Menjivar and won by Decision (Unanimous) in Round 3 at 5:00.
Myles Jury vs. Mike Ricci
The eight bout was between Mike Ricci and Myles Jury. Myles Jury beat Mike Ricci by Decision (Split) at 5:00 of Round 3.
Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Pat Healy
The ninth fight at UFC 165 was Pat Healy vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov. Khabib Nurmagomedov won in Round 3 at 5:00 by Decision (Unanimous).
Francis Carmont vs. Costas Philippou
In the tenth bout, Francis Carmont battled Costas Philippou and took the win by Decision (Unanimous) in Round 3 at 5:00.
Brendan Schaub vs. Matt Mitrione
Right before the co-main event, Brendan Schaub prevailed over Matt Mitrione. Brendan Schaub won by Submission (Brabo Choke) at 4:06 of Round 1.
Renan Barao vs. Eddie Wineland
In the co-main event Renan Barao defeated Eddie Wineland via TKO (Spinning Back-Kick and Punches) at 0:35 of Round 2; Yves Lavigne was the third man in the cage.
Jon Jones vs. Alexander Gustafsson
In the main event, referee John McCarthy called an end to the bout at 5:00 of Round 5. Jon Jones defeated Alexander Gustafsson by Decision (Unanimous).
Be sure to check out upcoming UFC events and don’t miss the latest MMA news. You can view the official event page here.
This page is updated with new details on UFC 165 event, so come back soon for fresh updates. If you see a mistake, please submit a correction and help us fix it.