Stipe Miocic returned to the UFC Octagon saturday night for UFC 220 to battle Francis Ngannou. The event took place on Saturday, January 20, 2018, at the TD Garden in Boston, Massachusetts. Miocic vs. Ngannou featured 11 bouts, some were more fun to watch than others.
UFC 220 was headlined by a clash between Stipe Miocic and Francis Ngannou, with Daniel Cormier vs. Volkan Oezdemir serving as the night’s co-main event. Elsewhere on the card, Kyle Bochniak went to battle against Brandon Davis. Let’s find out who won at the UFC 220. View the full results for ‘Miocic vs. Ngannou’-led fight card below.
UFC 220: Miocic vs. Ngannou
|January 20, 2018|
|Stipe Miocic vs. Francis Ngannou|
|Daniel Cormier vs. Volkan Oezdemir|
UFC 220 was live 2,138 days days ago and was the 428th event in UFC history, including pay-per-views, UFC Fight Nights, and The Ultimate Fighter season finales.
Who won at UFC 220
Below is the 11-fight order and UFC 220 results. Here are the real winners and losers from Saturday‘s event:
- Stipe Miocic defeated Francis Ngannou via Decision (Unanimous) (Round 5 / 5:00)
- Daniel Cormier defeated Volkan Oezdemir by TKO (Punches) (Round 2 / 2:00)
- Calvin Kattar defeated Shane Burgos by TKO (Punches) (Round 3 / 0:32)
- Gian Villante defeated Francimar Barroso by Decision (Split) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Rob Font defeated Thomas Almeida by TKO (Head Kick and Punches) (Round 2 / 2:24)
- Kyle Bochniak defeated Brandon Davis by Decision (Unanimous) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Abdul Razak Alhassan defeated Sabah Homasi by KO (Punch) (Round 1 / 3:47)
- Dustin Ortiz defeated Alexandre Pantoja by Decision (Unanimous) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Julio Arce defeated Dan Ige by Decision (Unanimous) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Enrique Barzola defeated Matt Bessette by Decision (Unanimous) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Islam Makhachev defeated Gleison Tibau by KO (Punch) (Round 1 / 0:57)
UFC 220 Results
The results are listed in ascending order, starting from the first fight ending with the night’s main event.
Islam Makhachev vs. Gleison Tibau
The UFC 220 started with Islam Makhachev taking on Gleison Tibau. Islam Makhachev defeated Gleison Tibau in Round 1 at 0:57 by KO (Punch).
Enrique Barzola vs. Matt Bessette
The second fight at UFC 220 was Matt Bessette vs. Enrique Barzola. Enrique Barzola won in Round 3 at 5:00 by Decision (Unanimous).
Julio Arce vs. Dan Ige
The following bout was between Dan Ige and Julio Arce. Julio Arce beat Dan Ige by Decision (Unanimous) in Round 3 at 5:00.
Dustin Ortiz vs. Alexandre Pantoja
In the fourth bout, Dustin Ortiz defeated Alexandre Pantoja by Decision (Unanimous) at 5:00 of Round 3.
Abdul Razak Alhassan vs. Sabah Homasi
The fifth bout ended at 3:47 of Round 1 with Abdul Razak Alhassan defeating Sabah Homasi by KO (Punch).
Kyle Bochniak vs. Brandon Davis
In sixth fight of the night, Brandon Davis lost to Kyle Bochniak at 5:00 of Round 3.
Rob Font vs. Thomas Almeida
Rob Font got the better of Thomas Almeida and won by TKO (Head Kick and Punches) in Round 2 at 2:24.
Gian Villante vs. Francimar Barroso
The eight bout was between Francimar Barroso and Gian Villante. Gian Villante beat Francimar Barroso by Decision (Split) at 5:00 of Round 3.
Calvin Kattar vs. Shane Burgos
The ninth fight at UFC 220 was Shane Burgos vs. Calvin Kattar. Calvin Kattar won in Round 3 at 0:32 by TKO (Punches).
Daniel Cormier vs. Volkan Oezdemir
In the co-main event Daniel Cormier defeated Volkan Oezdemir via TKO (Punches) at 2:00 of Round 2; Kevin MacDonald was the third man in the cage.
Stipe Miocic vs. Francis Ngannou
In the main event, referee Herb Dean called an end to the bout at 5:00 of Round 5. Stipe Miocic defeated Francis Ngannou by Decision (Unanimous).