Yoel Romero returned to the UFC Octagon saturday night for UFC 221 to take on Luke Rockhold. The event took place on Saturday, February 10, 2018, at the Perth Arena in Perth, Australia. Romero vs. Rockhold featured 12 bouts, some were more surprising to watch than others.
UFC 221 was headlined by a fight between Yoel Romero and Luke Rockhold, with Curtis Blaydes vs. Mark Hunt serving as the night’s co-main event. Elsewhere on the card, Israel Adesanya went to war against Rob Wilkinson. Let’s find out who won at the UFC 221. View the full results for ‘Romero vs. Rockhold’-led fight card below.
UFC 221: Romero vs. Rockhold
|February 10, 2018|
|Yoel Romero vs. Luke Rockhold|
|Curtis Blaydes vs. Mark Hunt|
UFC 221 was live 2,128 days days ago and was the 431st event in UFC history, including pay-per-views, UFC Fight Nights, and The Ultimate Fighter season finales.
Who won at UFC 221
Below is the 12-fight order and UFC 221 results. Here are the real winners and losers from Saturday‘s event:
- Yoel Romero defeated Luke Rockhold via KO (Punches) (Round 3 / 1:48)
- Curtis Blaydes defeated Mark Hunt by Decision (Unanimous) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Tai Tuivasa defeated Cyril Asker by TKO (Punches and Elbows) (Round 1 / 2:18)
- Jake Matthews defeated Jingliang Li by Decision (Unanimous) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Tyson Pedro defeated Saparbek Safarov by Submission (Kimura) (Round 1 / 3:54)
- Dong Hyun Ma defeated Damien Brown by Decision (Split) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Israel Adesanya defeated Rob Wilkinson by TKO (Knees and Punches) (Round 2 / 3:37)
- Alexander Volkanovski defeated Jeremy Kennedy by TKO (Punches) (Round 2 / 4:57)
- Jussier da Silva defeated Ben Nguyen by Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) (Round 3 / 1:43)
- Ross Pearson defeated Mizuto Hirota by Decision (Unanimous) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Jose Alberto Quinonez defeated Teruto Ishihara by Decision (Unanimous) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Luke Jumeau defeated Daichi Abe by Decision (Unanimous) (Round 3 / 5:00)
UFC 221 Results
The results are listed in ascending order, starting from the first fight ending with the night’s main event.
Luke Jumeau vs. Daichi Abe
The UFC 221 started with Luke Jumeau taking on Daichi Abe. Luke Jumeau defeated Daichi Abe in Round 3 at 5:00 by Decision (Unanimous).
Jose Alberto Quinonez vs. Teruto Ishihara
The second fight at UFC 221 was Teruto Ishihara vs. Jose Alberto Quinonez. Jose Alberto Quinonez won in Round 3 at 5:00 by Decision (Unanimous).
Ross Pearson vs. Mizuto Hirota
The following fight was between Mizuto Hirota and Ross Pearson. Ross Pearson beat Mizuto Hirota by Decision (Unanimous) in Round 3 at 5:00.
Jussier da Silva vs. Ben Nguyen
In the fourth bout, Jussier da Silva defeated Ben Nguyen by Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) at 1:43 of Round 3.
Alexander Volkanovski vs. Jeremy Kennedy
The fifth bout ended at 4:57 of Round 2 with Alexander Volkanovski defeating Jeremy Kennedy by TKO (Punches).
Israel Adesanya vs. Rob Wilkinson
In sixth fight of the night, Rob Wilkinson lost to Israel Adesanya at 3:37 of Round 2.
Dong Hyun Ma vs. Damien Brown
Dong Hyun Ma got the better of Damien Brown and won by Decision (Split) in Round 3 at 5:00.
Tyson Pedro vs. Saparbek Safarov
The eight bout was between Saparbek Safarov and Tyson Pedro. Tyson Pedro beat Saparbek Safarov by Submission (Kimura) at 3:54 of Round 1.
Jake Matthews vs. Jingliang Li
The ninth fight at UFC 221 was Jingliang Li vs. Jake Matthews. Jake Matthews won in Round 3 at 5:00 by Decision (Unanimous).
Tai Tuivasa vs. Cyril Asker
In the tenth bout, Tai Tuivasa battled Cyril Asker and took the win by TKO (Punches and Elbows) in Round 1 at 2:18.
Curtis Blaydes vs. Mark Hunt
In the co-main event Curtis Blaydes defeated Mark Hunt via Decision (Unanimous) at 5:00 of Round 3; John Sharp was the third man in the cage.
Yoel Romero vs. Luke Rockhold
In the main event, referee Marc Goddard called an end to the bout at 1:48 of Round 3. Yoel Romero defeated Luke Rockhold by KO (Punches).