Jorge Masvidal returned to the UFC Octagon saturday night for UFC 244 to battle Nate Diaz. The event took place on Saturday, November 2, 2019, at the Madison Square Garden in New York, New York. Masvidal vs. Diaz featured 12 bouts, some were more surprising to watch than others.
UFC 244 was headlined by a battle between Jorge Masvidal and Nate Diaz, with Darren Till vs. Kelvin Gastelum serving as the night’s co-main event. Elsewhere on the card, Shane Burgos went to war against Makwan Amirkhani. Let’s find out who won at the UFC 244. View the full results for ‘Masvidal vs. Diaz’-led fight card below.
UFC 244: Masvidal vs. Diaz
|November 2, 2019|
Madison Square Garden
|New York, New York|
|Jorge Masvidal vs. Nate Diaz|
|Darren Till vs. Kelvin Gastelum|
UFC 244 was live 691 days days ago and was the 500th event in UFC history, including pay-per-views, UFC Fight Nights, and The Ultimate Fighter season finales.
Who won at UFC 244
Below is the 12-fight order and UFC 244 results. Here are the real winners and losers from Saturday‘s event:
- Jorge Masvidal defeated Nate Diaz via TKO (Doctor Stoppage) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Darren Till defeated Kelvin Gastelum by Decision (Split) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Stephen Thompson defeated Vicente Luque by Decision (Unanimous) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Derrick Lewis defeated Blagoy Ivanov by Decision (Split) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Kevin Lee defeated Gregor Gillespie by KO (Head Kick) (Round 1 / 2:47)
- Corey Anderson defeated Johnny Walker by TKO (Punches) (Round 1 / 2:07)
- Shane Burgos defeated Makwan Amirkhani by TKO (Punches) (Round 3 / 4:32)
- Edmen Shahbazyan defeated Brad Tavares by KO (Head Kick) (Round 1 / 2:27)
- Jairzinho Rozenstruik defeated Andrei Arlovski by KO (Punch) (Round 1 / 0:29)
- Katlyn Chookagian defeated Jennifer Maia by Decision (Unanimous) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Lyman Good defeated Chance Rencountre by TKO (Punches) (Round 3 / 2:03)
- Hakeem Dawodu defeated Julio Arce by Decision (Split) (Round 3 / 5:00)
UFC 244 Results
The results are listed in ascending order, starting from the first fight ending with the night’s main event. Be sure to check out UFC 244 payouts and bonuses.
Hakeem Dawodu vs. Julio Arce
The UFC 244 started with Hakeem Dawodu taking on Julio Arce. Hakeem Dawodu defeated Julio Arce in Round 3 at 5:00 by Decision (Split).
Lyman Good vs. Chance Rencountre
The second fight at UFC 244 was Chance Rencountre vs. Lyman Good. Lyman Good won in Round 3 at 2:03 by TKO (Punches).
Katlyn Chookagian vs. Jennifer Maia
The following bout was between Jennifer Maia and Katlyn Chookagian. Katlyn Chookagian beat Jennifer Maia by Decision (Unanimous) in Round 3 at 5:00.
Jairzinho Rozenstruik vs. Andrei Arlovski
In the fourth bout, Jairzinho Rozenstruik defeated Andrei Arlovski by KO (Punch) at 0:29 of Round 1.
Edmen Shahbazyan vs. Brad Tavares
The fifth bout ended at 2:27 of Round 1 with Edmen Shahbazyan defeating Brad Tavares by KO (Head Kick).
Shane Burgos vs. Makwan Amirkhani
In sixth fight of the night, Makwan Amirkhani lost to Shane Burgos at 4:32 of Round 3.
Corey Anderson vs. Johnny Walker
Corey Anderson got the better of Johnny Walker and won by TKO (Punches) in Round 1 at 2:07.
Kevin Lee vs. Gregor Gillespie
The eight bout was between Gregor Gillespie and Kevin Lee. Kevin Lee beat Gregor Gillespie by KO (Head Kick) at 2:47 of Round 1.
Derrick Lewis vs. Blagoy Ivanov
The ninth fight at UFC 244 was Blagoy Ivanov vs. Derrick Lewis. Derrick Lewis won in Round 3 at 5:00 by Decision (Split).
Stephen Thompson vs. Vicente Luque
In the tenth bout, Stephen Thompson battled Vicente Luque and took the win by Decision (Unanimous) in Round 3 at 5:00.
Darren Till vs. Kelvin Gastelum
In the co-main event Darren Till defeated Kelvin Gastelum via Decision (Split) at 5:00 of Round 3; Kevin MacDonald was the third man in the cage.
Jorge Masvidal vs. Nate Diaz
In the main event, referee Dan Miragliotta called an end to the bout at 5:00 of Round 3. Jorge Masvidal defeated Nate Diaz by TKO (Doctor Stoppage).
This page is updated with new details on UFC 244 event, so come back soon for fresh updates. If you see a mistake, please submit a correction and help us fix it.