Matt Serra returned to the UFC Octagon saturday night for UFC 69 to battle Georges St. Pierre. The event took place on Saturday, April 7, 2007, at the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas. Shootout featured 9 bouts, some were more interesting to watch than others.
UFC 69 was headlined by a battle between Matt Serra and Georges St. Pierre, with Josh Koscheck vs. Diego Sanchez serving as the night’s co-main event. Elsewhere on the card, Yushin Okami went to war against Mike Swick. Let’s find out who won at the UFC 69. View the full results for ‘Shootout’-led fight card below.
UFC 69: Shootout
|April 7, 2007|
|Matt Serra vs. Georges St. Pierre|
|Josh Koscheck vs. Diego Sanchez|
UFC 69 was live 6,013 days days ago and was the 88th event in UFC history, including pay-per-views, UFC Fight Nights, and The Ultimate Fighter season finales.
Who won at UFC 69
Below is the 9-fight order and UFC 69 results. Here are the real winners and losers from Saturday‘s event:
- Matt Serra defeated Georges St. Pierre via TKO (Punches) (Round 1 / 3:25)
- Josh Koscheck defeated Diego Sanchez by Decision (Unanimous) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Roger Huerta defeated Leonard Garcia by Decision (Unanimous) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Yushin Okami defeated Mike Swick by Decision (Unanimous) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Kendall Grove defeated Alan Belcher by Submission (Brabo Choke) (Round 2 / 4:42)
- Heath Herring defeated Brad Imes by Decision (Unanimous) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Thales Leites defeated Pete Sell by Decision (Unanimous) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Marcus Davis defeated Pete Spratt by Submission (Achilles Lock) (Round 2 / 2:57)
- Luke Cummo defeated Josh Haynes by KO (Punch) (Round 2 / 2:45)
UFC 69 Results
The results are listed in ascending order, starting from the first fight ending with the night’s main event.
Luke Cummo vs. Josh Haynes
The UFC 69 began with Luke Cummo taking on Josh Haynes. Luke Cummo defeated Josh Haynes in Round 2 at 2:45 by KO (Punch).
Marcus Davis vs. Pete Spratt
The second fight at UFC 69 was Pete Spratt vs. Marcus Davis. Marcus Davis won in Round 2 at 2:57 by Submission (Achilles Lock).
Thales Leites vs. Pete Sell
The following bout was between Pete Sell and Thales Leites. Thales Leites beat Pete Sell by Decision (Unanimous) in Round 3 at 5:00.
Heath Herring vs. Brad Imes
In the fourth bout, Heath Herring defeated Brad Imes by Decision (Unanimous) at 5:00 of Round 3.
Kendall Grove vs. Alan Belcher
The fifth bout ended at 4:42 of Round 2 with Kendall Grove defeating Alan Belcher by Submission (Brabo Choke).
Yushin Okami vs. Mike Swick
In sixth fight of the night, Mike Swick lost to Yushin Okami at 5:00 of Round 3.
Roger Huerta vs. Leonard Garcia
Roger Huerta got the better of Leonard Garcia and won by Decision (Unanimous) in Round 3 at 5:00.
Josh Koscheck vs. Diego Sanchez
In the co-main event Josh Koscheck defeated Diego Sanchez via Decision (Unanimous) at 5:00 of Round 3; John McCarthy was the third man in the cage.
Matt Serra vs. Georges St. Pierre
In the main event, referee John McCarthy called an end to the bout at 3:25 of Round 1. Matt Serra defeated Georges St. Pierre by TKO (Punches).