Georges St. Pierre returned to the UFC Octagon saturday night for UFC 83 to take on Matt Serra. The event took place on Saturday, April 19, 2008, at the Bell Centre in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Serra vs. St-Pierre 2 featured 11 bouts, some were more interesting to watch than others.
UFC 83 was headlined by a battle between Georges St. Pierre and Matt Serra, with Rich Franklin vs. Travis Lutter serving as the night’s co-main event. Elsewhere on the card, Jason MacDonald went to war against Joe Doerksen. Let’s find out who won at the UFC 83. View the full results for ‘Serra vs. St-Pierre 2’-led fight card below.
UFC 83: Serra vs. St-Pierre 2
|April 19, 2008|
|Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
|Georges St. Pierre vs. Matt Serra|
|Rich Franklin vs. Travis Lutter|
UFC 83 was live 5,261 days days ago and was the 108th event in UFC history, including pay-per-views, UFC Fight Nights, and The Ultimate Fighter season finales.
Who won at UFC 83
Below is the 11-fight order and UFC 83 results. Here are the real winners and losers from Saturday‘s event:
- Georges St. Pierre defeated Matt Serra via TKO (Knees to the Body) (Round 2 / 4:45)
- Rich Franklin defeated Travis Lutter by TKO (Punches) (Round 2 / 3:01)
- Nate Quarry defeated Kalib Starnes by Decision (Unanimous) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Michael Bisping defeated Charles McCarthy by TKO (Arm Injury) (Round 1 / 5:00)
- Mac Danzig defeated Mark Bocek by Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) (Round 3 / 3:48)
- Jason MacDonald defeated Joe Doerksen by TKO (Elbows) (Round 2 / 0:54)
- Jason Day defeated Alan Belcher by TKO (Punches) (Round 1 / 3:58)
- Demian Maia defeated Ed Herman by Submission (Triangle Choke) (Round 2 / 2:27)
- Rich Clementi defeated Sam Stout by Decision (Split) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Cain Velasquez defeated Brad Morris by TKO (Punches) (Round 1 / 2:10)
- Jonathan Goulet defeated Kuniyoshi Hironaka by TKO (Punches) (Round 2 / 2:07)
UFC 83 Results
The results are listed in ascending order, starting from the first fight ending with the night’s main event.
Jonathan Goulet vs. Kuniyoshi Hironaka
The UFC 83 began with Jonathan Goulet taking on Kuniyoshi Hironaka. Jonathan Goulet defeated Kuniyoshi Hironaka in Round 2 at 2:07 by TKO (Punches).
Cain Velasquez vs. Brad Morris
The second fight at UFC 83 was Brad Morris vs. Cain Velasquez. Cain Velasquez won in Round 1 at 2:10 by TKO (Punches).
Rich Clementi vs. Sam Stout
The following bout was between Sam Stout and Rich Clementi. Rich Clementi beat Sam Stout by Decision (Split) in Round 3 at 5:00.
Demian Maia vs. Ed Herman
In the fourth bout, Demian Maia defeated Ed Herman by Submission (Triangle Choke) at 2:27 of Round 2.
Jason Day vs. Alan Belcher
The fifth bout ended at 3:58 of Round 1 with Jason Day defeating Alan Belcher by TKO (Punches).
Jason MacDonald vs. Joe Doerksen
In sixth fight of the night, Joe Doerksen lost to Jason MacDonald at 0:54 of Round 2.
Mac Danzig vs. Mark Bocek
Mac Danzig got the better of Mark Bocek and won by Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) in Round 3 at 3:48.
Michael Bisping vs. Charles McCarthy
The eight bout was between Charles McCarthy and Michael Bisping. Michael Bisping beat Charles McCarthy by TKO (Arm Injury) at 5:00 of Round 1.
Nate Quarry vs. Kalib Starnes
The ninth fight at UFC 83 was Kalib Starnes vs. Nate Quarry. Nate Quarry won in Round 3 at 5:00 by Decision (Unanimous).
Rich Franklin vs. Travis Lutter
In the co-main event Rich Franklin defeated Travis Lutter via TKO (Punches) at 3:01 of Round 2; Steve Mazzagatti was the third man in the cage.
Georges St. Pierre vs. Matt Serra
In the main event, referee Yves Lavigne called an end to the bout at 4:45 of Round 2. Georges St. Pierre defeated Matt Serra by TKO (Knees to the Body).