Henry Cejudo returned to the UFC Octagon saturday night for UFC Fight Night 143 to battle T.J. Dillashaw. The event took place on Saturday, January 19, 2019, at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York. Cejudo vs. Dillashaw featured 13 bouts, some were more exciting to watch than others.
UFC Fight Night 143 was headlined by a scrap between Henry Cejudo and T.J. Dillashaw, with Allen Crowder vs. Greg Hardy serving as the night’s co-main event. Elsewhere on the card, Joanne Calderwood went to battle against Ariane Lipski. Let’s find out who won at the UFC Fight Night 143. View the full results for ‘Cejudo vs. Dillashaw’-led fight card below.
UFC Fight Night 143: Cejudo vs. Dillashaw
|January 19, 2019|
|Brooklyn, New York|
|Henry Cejudo vs. T.J. Dillashaw|
|Allen Crowder vs. Greg Hardy|
UFC Fight Night 143 was live 1,716 days days ago and was the 466th event in UFC history, including pay-per-views, UFC Fight Nights, and The Ultimate Fighter season finales.
Who won at UFC Fight Night 143
Below is the 13-fight order and UFC Fight Night 143 results. Here are the real winners and losers from Saturday‘s event:
- Henry Cejudo defeated T.J. Dillashaw via TKO (Punches) (Round 1 / 0:32)
- Allen Crowder defeated Greg Hardy by DQ (Illegal Knee to Grounded Fighter) (Round 2 / 2:28)
- Gregor Gillespie defeated Yancy Medeiros via TKO (Punches) (Round 2 / 4:59)
- Joseph Benavidez defeated Dustin Ortiz by Decision (Unanimous) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Paige VanZant defeated Rachael Ostovich by Submission (Armbar) (Round 2 / 1:50)
- Glover Teixeira defeated Karl Roberson by Submission (Arm-Triangle Choke) (Round 1 / 3:21)
- Donald Cerrone defeated Alexander Hernandez by TKO (Head Kick and Punches) (Round 2 / 3:42)
- Joanne Calderwood defeated Ariane Lipski by Decision (Unanimous) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Alonzo Menifield defeated Vinicius Alves Moreira by TKO (Punches) (Round 1 / 3:56)
- Cory Sandhagen defeated Mario Bautista by Submission (Armbar) (Round 1 / 3:31)
- Dennis Bermudez defeated Te Edwards by Decision (Unanimous) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Geoff Neal defeated Belal Muhammad by Decision (Unanimous) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Chance Rencountre defeated Kyle Stewart by Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) (Round 1 / 2:25)
UFC Fight Night 143 Results
The results are listed in ascending order, starting from the first fight ending with the night’s main event.
Chance Rencountre vs. Kyle Stewart
The UFC Fight Night 143 kicked off with Chance Rencountre taking on Kyle Stewart. Chance Rencountre defeated Kyle Stewart in Round 1 at 2:25 by Submission (Rear-Naked Choke).
Geoff Neal vs. Belal Muhammad
The second fight at UFC Fight Night 143 was Belal Muhammad vs. Geoff Neal. Geoff Neal won in Round 3 at 5:00 by Decision (Unanimous).
Dennis Bermudez vs. Te Edwards
The following bout was between Te Edwards and Dennis Bermudez. Dennis Bermudez beat Te Edwards by Decision (Unanimous) in Round 3 at 5:00.
Cory Sandhagen vs. Mario Bautista
In the fourth bout, Cory Sandhagen defeated Mario Bautista by Submission (Armbar) at 3:31 of Round 1.
Alonzo Menifield vs. Vinicius Alves Moreira
The fifth bout ended at 3:56 of Round 1 with Alonzo Menifield defeating Vinicius Alves Moreira by TKO (Punches).
Joanne Calderwood vs. Ariane Lipski
In sixth fight of the night, Ariane Lipski lost to Joanne Calderwood at 5:00 of Round 3.
Donald Cerrone vs. Alexander Hernandez
Donald Cerrone got the better of Alexander Hernandez and won by TKO (Head Kick and Punches) in Round 2 at 3:42.
Glover Teixeira vs. Karl Roberson
The eight bout was between Karl Roberson and Glover Teixeira. Glover Teixeira beat Karl Roberson by Submission (Arm-Triangle Choke) at 3:21 of Round 1.
Paige VanZant vs. Rachael Ostovich
The ninth fight at UFC Fight Night 143 was Rachael Ostovich vs. Paige VanZant. Paige VanZant won in Round 2 at 1:50 by Submission (Armbar).
Joseph Benavidez vs. Dustin Ortiz
In the tenth bout, Joseph Benavidez battled Dustin Ortiz and took the win by Decision (Unanimous) in Round 3 at 5:00.
Gregor Gillespie vs. Yancy Medeiros
Right before the co-main event, Gregor Gillespie prevailed over Yancy Medeiros. Gregor Gillespie won by TKO (Punches) at 4:59 of Round 2.
Allen Crowder vs. Greg Hardy
In the co-main event Allen Crowder defeated Greg Hardy via DQ (Illegal Knee to Grounded Fighter) at 2:28 of Round 2; Dan Miragliotta was the third man in the cage.
Henry Cejudo vs. T.J. Dillashaw
In the main event, referee Kevin MacDonald called an end to the bout at 0:32 of Round 1. Henry Cejudo defeated T.J. Dillashaw by TKO (Punches).