Lyoto Machida returned to the UFC Octagon saturday night for UFC Fight Night 30 to battle Mark Munoz. The event took place on Saturday, October 26, 2013, at the Phones 4u Arena in Manchester, United Kingdom. Machida vs. Muñoz featured 12 bouts, some were more exciting to watch than others.
UFC Fight Night 30 was headlined by a clash between Lyoto Machida and Mark Munoz, with Melvin Guillard vs. Ross Pearson serving as the night’s co-main event. Elsewhere on the card, Al Iaquinta went to war against Piotr Hallmann. Let’s find out who won at the UFC Fight Night 30. View the full results for ‘Machida vs. Muñoz’-led fight card below.
UFC Fight Night 30: Machida vs. Muñoz
|October 26, 2013|
Phones 4u Arena
|Manchester, United Kingdom|
|Lyoto Machida vs. Mark Munoz|
|Melvin Guillard vs. Ross Pearson|
UFC Fight Night 30 was live 3,359 days days ago and was the 251st event in UFC history, including pay-per-views, UFC Fight Nights, and The Ultimate Fighter season finales.
Who won at UFC Fight Night 30
Below is the 12-fight order and UFC Fight Night 30 results. Here are the real winners and losers from Saturday‘s event:
- Lyoto Machida defeated Mark Munoz via KO (Head Kick) (Round 1 / 3:10)
- Melvin Guillard defeated Ross Pearson by NC (Knee to Head of Grounded Fighter) (Round 1 / 1:57)
- Jimi Manuwa defeated Ryan Jimmo by TKO (Leg Injury) (Round 2 / 4:41)
- Norman Parke defeated Jon Tuck by Decision (Unanimous) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Nicholas Musoke defeated Alessio Sakara by Submission (Armbar) (Round 1 / 3:07)
- John Lineker defeated Phil Harris by KO (Punch to the Body) (Round 1 / 2:51)
- Al Iaquinta defeated Piotr Hallmann by Decision (Unanimous) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Luke Barnatt defeated Andrew Craig by Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) (Round 2 / 2:12)
- Jessica Andrade defeated Rosi Sexton by Decision (Unanimous) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Cole Miller defeated Andy Ogle by Decision (Unanimous) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Jim Hettes defeated Robert Whiteford by Submission (Triangle Choke) (Round 2 / 2:17)
- Bradley Scott defeated Michael Kuiper by Submission (Guillotine Choke) (Round 1 / 4:17)
UFC Fight Night 30 Results
The results are listed in ascending order, starting from the first fight ending with the night’s main event.
Bradley Scott vs. Michael Kuiper
The UFC Fight Night 30 began with Bradley Scott taking on Michael Kuiper. Bradley Scott defeated Michael Kuiper in Round 1 at 4:17 by Submission (Guillotine Choke).
Jim Hettes vs. Robert Whiteford
The second fight at UFC Fight Night 30 was Robert Whiteford vs. Jim Hettes. Jim Hettes won in Round 2 at 2:17 by Submission (Triangle Choke).
Cole Miller vs. Andy Ogle
The following bout was between Andy Ogle and Cole Miller. Cole Miller beat Andy Ogle by Decision (Unanimous) in Round 3 at 5:00.
Jessica Andrade vs. Rosi Sexton
In the fourth bout, Jessica Andrade defeated Rosi Sexton by Decision (Unanimous) at 5:00 of Round 3.
Luke Barnatt vs. Andrew Craig
The fifth bout ended at 2:12 of Round 2 with Luke Barnatt defeating Andrew Craig by Submission (Rear-Naked Choke).
Al Iaquinta vs. Piotr Hallmann
In sixth fight of the night, Piotr Hallmann lost to Al Iaquinta at 5:00 of Round 3.
John Lineker vs. Phil Harris
John Lineker got the better of Phil Harris and won by KO (Punch to the Body) in Round 1 at 2:51.
Nicholas Musoke vs. Alessio Sakara
The eight bout was between Alessio Sakara and Nicholas Musoke. Nicholas Musoke beat Alessio Sakara by Submission (Armbar) at 3:07 of Round 1.
Norman Parke vs. Jon Tuck
The ninth fight at UFC Fight Night 30 was Jon Tuck vs. Norman Parke. Norman Parke won in Round 3 at 5:00 by Decision (Unanimous).
Jimi Manuwa vs. Ryan Jimmo
In the tenth bout, Jimi Manuwa battled Ryan Jimmo and took the win by TKO (Leg Injury) in Round 2 at 4:41.
Melvin Guillard vs. Ross Pearson
In the co-main event Melvin Guillard defeated Ross Pearson via NC (Knee to Head of Grounded Fighter) at 1:57 of Round 1; Marc Goddard was the third man in the cage.
Lyoto Machida vs. Mark Munoz
In the main event, referee Leon Roberts called an end to the bout at 3:10 of Round 1. Lyoto Machida defeated Mark Munoz by KO (Head Kick).