Rafael dos Anjos returned to the UFC Octagon saturday night for UFC Fight Night 49 to take on Benson Henderson. The event took place on Saturday, August 23, 2014, at the BOK Center in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Henderson vs. dos Anjos featured 11 bouts, some were more interesting to watch than others.
UFC Fight Night 49 was headlined by a clash between Rafael dos Anjos and Benson Henderson, with Jordan Mein vs. Mike Pyle serving as the night’s co-main event. Elsewhere on the card, Chas Skelly went to battle against Tom Niinimaki. Let’s find out who won at the UFC Fight Night 49. View the full results for ‘Henderson vs. dos Anjos’-led fight card below.
UFC Fight Night 49: Henderson vs. dos Anjos
|August 23, 2014|
|Rafael dos Anjos vs. Benson Henderson|
|Jordan Mein vs. Mike Pyle|
UFC Fight Night 49 was live 3,318 days days ago and was the 289th event in UFC history, including pay-per-views, UFC Fight Nights, and The Ultimate Fighter season finales.
Who won at UFC Fight Night 49
Below is the 11-fight order and UFC Fight Night 49 results. Here are the real winners and losers from Saturday‘s event:
- Rafael dos Anjos defeated Benson Henderson via KO (Punch) (Round 1 / 2:31)
- Jordan Mein defeated Mike Pyle by TKO (Punches) (Round 1 / 1:12)
- Thales Leites defeated Francis Carmont by KO (Punches) (Round 2 / 0:20)
- Max Holloway defeated Clay Collard by TKO (Punches) (Round 3 / 3:47)
- James Vick defeated Valmir Lazaro by Decision (Unanimous) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Chas Skelly defeated Tom Niinimaki by Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) (Round 1 / 2:35)
- Neil Magny defeated Alex Garcia by Decision (Unanimous) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Beneil Dariush defeated Anthony Rocco Martin by Submission (Arm-Triangle Choke) (Round 2 / 3:38)
- Matt Hobar defeated Aaron Phillips by Decision (Unanimous) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Ben Saunders defeated Chris Heatherly by Submission (Omoplata) (Round 1 / 2:18)
- Wilson Reis defeated Joby Sanchez by Decision (Unanimous) (Round 3 / 5:00)
UFC Fight Night 49 Results
The results are listed in ascending order, starting from the first fight ending with the night’s main event.
Wilson Reis vs. Joby Sanchez
The UFC Fight Night 49 began with Wilson Reis taking on Joby Sanchez. Wilson Reis defeated Joby Sanchez in Round 3 at 5:00 by Decision (Unanimous).
Ben Saunders vs. Chris Heatherly
The second fight at UFC Fight Night 49 was Chris Heatherly vs. Ben Saunders. Ben Saunders won in Round 1 at 2:18 by Submission (Omoplata).
Matt Hobar vs. Aaron Phillips
The following bout was between Aaron Phillips and Matt Hobar. Matt Hobar beat Aaron Phillips by Decision (Unanimous) in Round 3 at 5:00.
Beneil Dariush vs. Anthony Rocco Martin
In the fourth bout, Beneil Dariush defeated Anthony Rocco Martin by Submission (Arm-Triangle Choke) at 3:38 of Round 2.
Neil Magny vs. Alex Garcia
The fifth bout ended at 5:00 of Round 3 with Neil Magny defeating Alex Garcia by Decision (Unanimous).
Chas Skelly vs. Tom Niinimaki
In sixth fight of the night, Tom Niinimaki lost to Chas Skelly at 2:35 of Round 1.
James Vick vs. Valmir Lazaro
James Vick got the better of Valmir Lazaro and won by Decision (Unanimous) in Round 3 at 5:00.
Max Holloway vs. Clay Collard
The eight bout was between Clay Collard and Max Holloway. Max Holloway beat Clay Collard by TKO (Punches) at 3:47 of Round 3.
Thales Leites vs. Francis Carmont
The ninth fight at UFC Fight Night 49 was Francis Carmont vs. Thales Leites. Thales Leites won in Round 2 at 0:20 by KO (Punches).
Jordan Mein vs. Mike Pyle
In the co-main event Jordan Mein defeated Mike Pyle via TKO (Punches) at 1:12 of Round 1; Dan Miragliotta was the third man in the cage.
Rafael dos Anjos vs. Benson Henderson
In the main event, referee John McCarthy called an end to the bout at 2:31 of Round 1. Rafael dos Anjos defeated Benson Henderson by KO (Punch).