Valentina Shevchenko returned to the UFC Octagon saturday night for UFC on Fox 23 to face Julianna Pena. The event took place on Saturday, January 28, 2017, at the Pepsi Center in Denver, Colorado. Shevchenko vs. Peña featured 12 bouts, some were more exciting to watch than others.
UFC on Fox 23 was headlined by a clash between Valentina Shevchenko and Julianna Pena, with Jorge Masvidal vs. Donald Cerrone serving as the night’s co-main event. Elsewhere on the card, Jingliang Li went to war against Bobby Nash. Let’s find out who won at the UFC on Fox 23. View the full results for ‘Shevchenko vs. Peña’-led fight card below.
UFC on Fox 23: Shevchenko vs. Peña
|January 28, 2017|
|Valentina Shevchenko vs. Julianna Pena|
|Jorge Masvidal vs. Donald Cerrone|
UFC on Fox 23 was live 2,020 days days ago and was the 389th event in UFC history, including pay-per-views, UFC Fight Nights, and The Ultimate Fighter season finales.
Who won at UFC on Fox 23
Below is the 12-fight order and UFC on Fox 23 results. Here are the real winners and losers from Saturday‘s event:
- Valentina Shevchenko defeated Julianna Pena via Submission (Armbar) (Round 2 / 4:29)
- Jorge Masvidal defeated Donald Cerrone by TKO (Punches) (Round 2 / 1:00)
- Francis Ngannou defeated Andrei Arlovski by TKO (Punches) (Round 1 / 1:32)
- Jason Knight defeated Alex Caceres by Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) (Round 2 / 4:21)
- Sam Alvey defeated Nate Marquardt by Decision (Unanimous) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Raphael Assuncao defeated Aljamain Sterling by Decision (Split) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Jingliang Li defeated Bobby Nash by KO (Punches) (Round 2 / 4:45)
- Jordan Johnson defeated Henrique da Silva by Decision (Unanimous) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Eric Spicely defeated Alessio Di Chirico by Submission (Triangle Choke) (Round 1 / 2:14)
- Marcos Rogerio de Lima defeated Jeremy Kimball by TKO (Punches) (Round 1 / 2:27)
- Alexandre Pantoja defeated Eric Shelton by Decision (Split) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Jason Gonzalez defeated J.C. Cottrell by Submission (Brabo Choke) (Round 1 / 3:54)
UFC on Fox 23 Results
The results are listed in ascending order, starting from the first fight ending with the night’s main event.
Jason Gonzalez vs. J.C. Cottrell
The UFC on Fox 23 started with Jason Gonzalez taking on J.C. Cottrell. Jason Gonzalez defeated J.C. Cottrell in Round 1 at 3:54 by Submission (Brabo Choke).
Alexandre Pantoja vs. Eric Shelton
The second fight at UFC on Fox 23 was Eric Shelton vs. Alexandre Pantoja. Alexandre Pantoja won in Round 3 at 5:00 by Decision (Split).
Marcos Rogerio de Lima vs. Jeremy Kimball
The following bout was between Jeremy Kimball and Marcos Rogerio de Lima. Marcos Rogerio de Lima beat Jeremy Kimball by TKO (Punches) in Round 1 at 2:27.
Eric Spicely vs. Alessio Di Chirico
In the fourth bout, Eric Spicely defeated Alessio Di Chirico by Submission (Triangle Choke) at 2:14 of Round 1.
Jordan Johnson vs. Henrique da Silva
The fifth bout ended at 5:00 of Round 3 with Jordan Johnson defeating Henrique da Silva by Decision (Unanimous).
Jingliang Li vs. Bobby Nash
In sixth fight of the night, Bobby Nash lost to Jingliang Li at 4:45 of Round 2.
Raphael Assuncao vs. Aljamain Sterling
Raphael Assuncao got the better of Aljamain Sterling and won by Decision (Split) in Round 3 at 5:00.
Sam Alvey vs. Nate Marquardt
The eight bout was between Nate Marquardt and Sam Alvey. Sam Alvey beat Nate Marquardt by Decision (Unanimous) at 5:00 of Round 3.
Jason Knight vs. Alex Caceres
The ninth fight at UFC on Fox 23 was Alex Caceres vs. Jason Knight. Jason Knight won in Round 2 at 4:21 by Submission (Rear-Naked Choke).
Francis Ngannou vs. Andrei Arlovski
In the tenth bout, Francis Ngannou battled Andrei Arlovski and took the win by TKO (Punches) in Round 1 at 1:32.
Jorge Masvidal vs. Donald Cerrone
In the co-main event Jorge Masvidal defeated Donald Cerrone via TKO (Punches) at 1:00 of Round 2; Herb Dean was the third man in the cage.
Valentina Shevchenko vs. Julianna Pena
In the main event, referee Herb Dean called an end to the bout at 4:29 of Round 2. Valentina Shevchenko defeated Julianna Pena by Submission (Armbar).