Jared Cannonier returned to the UFC Octagon saturday night for UFC Vegas 66 to face Sean Strickland. The event took place on Saturday, December 17, 2022, at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas, Nevada. Cannonier vs. Strickland featured 14 bouts, some were more surprising to watch than others.
UFC Vegas 66 was headlined by a scrap between Jared Cannonier and Sean Strickland, with Arman Tsarukyan vs. Damir Ismagulov serving as the night’s co-main event. Elsewhere on the card, Matthew Semelsberger went to battle against Jake Matthews. Let’s find out who won at the UFC Vegas 66. View the full results for ‘Cannonier vs. Strickland’-led fight card below.
|UFC Vegas 66: Cannonier vs. Strickland|
|December 17, 2022|
|Las Vegas, Nevada|
|Jared Cannonier vs. Sean Strickland|
|Arman Tsarukyan vs. Damir Ismagulov|
UFC Vegas 66 was live 53 days ago and was the 630th event in UFC history, including pay-per-views, UFC Fight Nights, and The Ultimate Fighter season finales.
Who won at UFC Vegas 66
Below is the 14-fight order and UFC Vegas 66 results. Here are the real winners and losers from Saturday‘s event:
- Jared Cannonier defeated Sean Strickland via Decision (Split) (Round 5 / 5:00)
- Arman Tsarukyan defeated Damir Ismagulov by Decision (Unanimous) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Amir Albazi defeated Alessandro Costa via KO (Punches) (Round 3 / 2:13)
- Alex Caceres defeated Julian Erosa by TKO (Head Kick and Punches) (Round 1 / 3:04)
- Drew Dober defeated Bobby Green by KO (Punch) (Round 2 / 2:45)
- Michal Oleksiejczuk defeated Cody Brundage by KO (Punches) (Round 1 / 3:16)
- Cory McKenna defeated Cheyanne Vlismas by Decision (Unanimous) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Matthew Semelsberger defeated Jake Matthews by Decision (Unanimous) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Said Nurmagomedov defeated Saidyokub Kakhramonov by Submission (Ninja Choke) (Round 2 / 3:50)
- Rafa Garcia defeated Maheshate Hayisaer by Decision (Unanimous) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Rinat Fakhretdinov defeated Bryan Battle by Decision (Unanimous) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Manel Kape defeated David Dvorak by Decision (Unanimous) (Round 3 / 5:00)
- Sergey Morozov defeated Journey Newson by Decision (Unanimous) (Round 3 / 5:00)
UFC Vegas 66 Results
The results are listed in ascending order, starting from the first fight ending with the night’s main event. Be sure to check out UFC Vegas 66 payouts and bonuses.
Sergey Morozov vs. Journey Newson
The UFC Vegas 66 began with Sergey Morozov taking on Journey Newson. Sergey Morozov defeated Journey Newson in Round 3 at 5:00 by Decision (Unanimous).
Manel Kape vs. David Dvorak
The second fight at UFC Vegas 66 was David Dvorak vs. Manel Kape. Manel Kape won in Round 3 at 5:00 by Decision (Unanimous).
Rinat Fakhretdinov vs. Bryan Battle
The following fight was between Bryan Battle and Rinat Fakhretdinov. Rinat Fakhretdinov beat Bryan Battle by Decision (Unanimous) in Round 3 at 5:00.
Rafa Garcia vs. Maheshate Hayisaer
In the fourth bout, Rafa Garcia defeated Maheshate Hayisaer by Decision (Unanimous) at 5:00 of Round 3.
Said Nurmagomedov vs. Saidyokub Kakhramonov
The fifth bout ended at 3:50 of Round 2 with Said Nurmagomedov defeating Saidyokub Kakhramonov by Submission (Ninja Choke).
Matthew Semelsberger vs. Jake Matthews
In the sixth fight of the night, Jake Matthews lost to Matthew Semelsberger at 5:00 of Round 3.
Cory McKenna vs. Cheyanne Vlismas
Cory McKenna got the better of Cheyanne Vlismas and won by Decision (Unanimous) in Round 3 at 5:00.
Michal Oleksiejczuk vs. Cody Brundage
The eighth bout was between Cody Brundage and Michal Oleksiejczuk. Michal Oleksiejczuk beat Cody Brundage by KO (Punches) at 3:16 of Round 1.
Drew Dober vs. Bobby Green
The ninth fight at UFC Vegas 66 was Bobby Green vs. Drew Dober. Drew Dober won in Round 2 at 2:45 by KO (Punch).
Alex Caceres vs. Julian Erosa
In the tenth bout, Alex Caceres battled Julian Erosa and took the win by TKO (Head Kick and Punches) in Round 1 at 3:04.
Amir Albazi vs. Alessandro Costa
Right before the co-main event, Amir Albazi prevailed over Alessandro Costa. Amir Albazi won by KO (Punches) at 2:13 of Round 3.
Arman Tsarukyan vs. Damir Ismagulov
In the co-main event, Arman Tsarukyan defeated Damir Ismagulov via Decision (Unanimous) at 5:00 of Round 3; Mark Smith was the third man in the cage.
Jared Cannonier vs. Sean Strickland
In the main event, referee Loading… called an end to the bout at 5:00 of Round 5. Jared Cannonier defeated Sean Strickland by Decision (Split).
This page is updated with new details on UFC Vegas 66 event, so come back soon for fresh updates. If you see a mistake, please submit a correction and help us fix it.