UFC 236 takes place in Atlanta, Georgia on Saturday, April 13. The co-main event is one of two title fights on the pay-per-view card which will broadcast live from State Farm Arena. In the co-main event, former TUF champion Kelvin Gastelum takes on exciting up-and-comer Israel Adesanya for the interim middleweight title.
Gastelum, who is riding a two-fight winning streak with wins over Jacare Souza and former champion Michael Bisping, was initially set to fight for the undisputed championship at UFC 234 in February 2019. Unfortunately, titleholder Robert Whittaker suffered a serious health scare and the bout was canceled hours before it was set to take place.
Adesanya, meanwhile, holds a perfect professional record of 16-0. His most recent outing was a win over former middleweight king Anderson Silva. Since joining the UFC, Adesanya has earned $50,000 bonuses in four of his five fights — three Performance of the Night and one Fight of the Night bonus.
Ahead of their rematch, UFC camera crews followed the two fighters around to document their fight camps and final preparations for the upcoming pay-per-view as part of the UFC Countdown series.
You can check out the Gastelum vs. Adesanya UFC 236 Countdown segment below.
UFC 236 is set to take place at the State Farm Arena in Atlanta, Georgia. The event officially begins with the early preliminary card on UFC Fight Pass at 6:15 p.m. ET for four bouts before making the move to ESPN at 8:00 p.m. ET. The Worldwide Leader in Sports will then be home to four additional bouts before the main card kicks off at 10:00 p.m. ET on pay-per-view.
UFC 236 Fight Card
Main Card (Pay-per-view, 10:00 p.m. ET)
- Max Holloway vs. Dustin Poirier — for the interim lightweight championship
- Kelvin Gastelum vs. Israel Adesanya — for the interim middleweight championship
- Eryk Anders vs. Khalil Rountree Jr.
- Alan Jouban vs. Dwight Grant
- Ovince Saint Preux vs. Nikita Krylov
Preliminary Card (ESPN, 8:00 p.m. ET)
- Jalin Turner vs. Matt Frevola
- Wilson Reis vs. Alexandre Pantoja
- Max Griffin vs. Zelim Imadaev
- Boston Salmon vs. Khalid Taha
Early Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass, 6:16 p.m. ET)
- Curtis Millender vs. Belal Muhammad
- Montel Jackson vs. Andre Soukhamthath
- Lauren Mueller vs. Poliana Botelho
- Brandon Davis vs. Randy Costa