On Saturday, April 13, the Ultimate Fighting Championship returns to pay-per-view with UFC 236 in Atlanta, Georgia. The event features two interim title fights, with UFC featherweight champion Max Holloway’s quest to become a two-division champion serving as the main event.
Holloway is set to take on Dustin Poirier for the interim lightweight championship. The two men previously faced off in February 2012 at UFC 143.
In their first bout, Poirier spoiled Holloway’s UFC debut with a first-round submission that was the first loss of Holloway’s professional career. Now, Holloway is looking for redemption.
Ahead of their rematch, UFC camera crews followed the two fighters around to document their fight camps and final preparations for the upcoming pay-per-view as part of the UFC Countdown series.
You can check out the Holloway vs. Poirier UFC 236 Countdown segment below.
UFC 236 is set to take place at the State Farm Arena in Atlanta, Georgia. The co-main event features Israel Adesanya vs. Kelvin Gastelum for the interim middleweight title. The event officially begins with the early preliminary card on UFC Fight Pass at 6:15 p.m. ET for four bouts before making the move to ESPN at 8:00 p.m. ET. The Worldwide Leader in Sports will then be home to four additional bouts before the main card kicks off at 10:00 p.m. ET on pay-per-view.
UFC 236 Fight Card
Main Card (Pay-per-view, 10:00 p.m. ET)
- Max Holloway vs. Dustin Poirier — for the interim lightweight championship
- Kelvin Gastelum vs. Israel Adesanya — for the interim middleweight championship
- Eryk Anders vs. Khalil Rountree Jr.
- Alan Jouban vs. Dwight Grant
- Ovince Saint Preux vs. Nikita Krylov
Preliminary Card (ESPN, 8:00 p.m. ET)
- Jalin Turner vs. Matt Frevola
- Wilson Reis vs. Alexandre Pantoja
- Max Griffin vs. Zelim Imadaev
- Boston Salmon vs. Khalid Taha
Early Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass, 6:16 p.m. ET)
- Curtis Millender vs. Belal Muhammad
- Montel Jackson vs. Andre Soukhamthath
- Lauren Mueller vs. Poliana Botelho
- Brandon Davis vs. Randy Costa