The Ultimate Fighting Championship returns to pay-per-view on Saturday, April 13 with UFC 236 featuring a championship doubleheader. The event is headlined by a lightweight championship bout between featherweight titleholder Max Holloway and top contender Dustin Poirier.
The two men previously faced off at UFC 143 in February 2012. Holloway was making his UFC debut at the event when he suffered a first-round submission loss via mounted triangle armbar to Poirier. It was the first loss of Holloway’s professional career. Now that he is champion, he will look to avenge one of the only three losses of his career.
In the co-main event, top middleweight contenders Israel Adesanya and Kelvin Gastelum will square off for the interim middleweight title.
Ahead of the highly-anticipated pay-per-view event, UFC commentators John Gooden and Dan Hardy took the time to provide a tactical analysis of the contest with the tale of the tape and by taking an in-depth look at the highlights and careers of both fighters.
You can check out the full breakdown from “UFC 236: Inside the Octagon” below.
‘UFC 236: Holloway vs. Poirier 2’ Video Preview & Breakdown
Dan Hardy and John Gooden take a look at the UFC 236 lightweight interim title fight between Max Holloway and Dustin Poirier from all angles in this episode of Inside the Octagon.
UFC 236 is set to take place at the State Farm Arena in Atlanta, Georgia. The event officially begins with the early preliminary card on UFC Fight Pass at 6:15 p.m. ET for four bouts before making the move to ESPN at 8:00 p.m. ET. The Worldwide Leader in Sports will then be home to four additional bouts before the main card kicks off at 10:00 p.m. ET on pay-per-view.
UFC 236 Fight Card
Main Card (Pay-per-view, 10:00 p.m. ET)
- Max Holloway vs. Dustin Poirier — for the interim lightweight championship
- Kelvin Gastelum vs. Israel Adesanya — for the interim middleweight championship
- Eryk Anders vs. Khalil Rountree Jr.
- Alan Jouban vs. Dwight Grant
- Ovince Saint Preux vs. Nikita Krylov
Preliminary Card (ESPN, 8:00 p.m. ET)
- Jalin Turner vs. Matt Frevola
- Wilson Reis vs. Alexandre Pantoja
- Max Griffin vs. Zelim Imadaev
- Boston Salmon vs. Khalid Taha
Early Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass, 6:16 p.m. ET)
- Curtis Millender vs. Belal Muhammad
- Montel Jackson vs. Andre Soukhamthath
- Lauren Mueller vs. Poliana Botelho
- Brandon Davis vs. Randy Costa