Dustin Poirier is set to fight for the interim UFC lightweight championship on Saturday, April 13 at UFC 236 in Atlanta, Georgia. Standing across the cage from Poirier at State Farm Arena will be featherweight titleholder Max Holloway.
Holloway will look to become a two-division champ by avenging the loss to Dustin Poirier that he suffered in his UFC debut. Poirier, meanwhile, finally has UFC gold within reach, and will be aiming to prove his win over Holloway years ago was no fluke.
In anticipation of Poirier’s shot at UFC gold, the Ultimate Fighting Championship has released a video showing off some of the best finishes of Poirier’s career inside of the Octagon.
From a knockout of former champion Eddie Alvarez to a submission win over Holloway when the first two met, here are the five best finishes of Poirier’s UFC career.
Dustin Poirier has finished nearly 80 percent of his professional fights in his career. We count down Poirier’s top 5 finishes in the UFC ahead of his interim lightweight title fight with Max Hollway at UFC 236 on Saturday, April 13.
In the co-main event of UFC 236, top middleweight contenders Kelvin Gastelum and Israel Adesanya will go toe-to-toe for the interim 185-pound crown. The main card will air at 10:00 p.m. ET online on pay-per-view.
UFC 236 Fight Card
Main Card (Pay-per-view, 10:00 p.m. ET)
- Max Holloway vs. Dustin Poirier — for the interim lightweight championship
- Kelvin Gastelum vs. Israel Adesanya — for the interim middleweight championship
- Eryk Anders vs. Khalil Rountree Jr.
- Alan Jouban vs. Dwight Grant
- Ovince Saint Preux vs. Nikita Krylov
Preliminary Card (ESPN, 8:00 p.m. ET)
- Jalin Turner vs. Matt Frevola
- Wilson Reis vs. Alexandre Pantoja
- Max Griffin vs. Zelim Imadaev
- Boston Salmon vs. Khalid Taha
Early Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass, 6:16 p.m. ET)
- Curtis Millender vs. Belal Muhammad
- Montel Jackson vs. Andre Soukhamthath
- Lauren Mueller vs. Poliana Botelho
- Brandon Davis vs. Randy Costa